JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Quick question- does Magpul still actively make Gen 2 Pmags?
Reason I ask is the wide availability and sale price for years now when Gen 3s have been out.
I can't believe a company could have over produced so many.
If they are still producing, I don't understand why they would do so and undercut current gen mags?

It is kinda weird.

Mayhaps a military contract that never happened?

Regardless as to why, stock up. I like the gen2's, they run in all of our stuff fine.

Quite the value at under $10, with Palmetto State Armory frequently running there $7.99 deal w/free shipping at 10+ really can't be beat... anywhere.

Their owner is a extremely passionate person about putting as many mags into as many American households as possible. I remember they specifically were reserving sales to states that were passing mag restrictions just to get as many into those states as possible before the restriction began. That's awesome.

I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the gen 2 production up, and as cheap as they do, to keep everyone stacking them deep. The more widespread and prevalent in society something becomes the more normalized it is seen as and the more difficult it is to limit/ban without public backlash.

Since most politicians are completely spineless morons, it's a strategy that works.

Their owner is a extremely passionate person about putting as many mags into as many American households as possible. I remember they specifically were reserving sales to states that were passing mag restrictions just to get as many into those states as possible before the restriction began. That's awesome.

I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the gen 2 production up, and as cheap as they do, to keep everyone stacking them deep. The more widespread and prevalent in society something becomes the more normalized it is seen as and the more difficult it is to limit/ban without public backlash.

Since most politicians are completely spineless morons, it's a strategy that works.

Yah, I do recall them shipping pallets into ?Vermont? a few years back before some anti-legislation went into affect.

I bought G2 Magpul magazines years ago and I have not had any issues with them at all. I did buy a few G3 Magpuls as well and use both since my ARs not picky with Magpul or USGI magazines.

Nothing, the manufacture sells for a certain price point, the retailers they distribute too sell for a variety of price points. Actual cost buyer pays depends on how much the buyer shops around. As a rule of thumb as a manufacture/distributer though. You never want to undercut your retailers because then they are less inclined to stock your product since customers buy direct.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find the gen 2 complete adequate, only reason I picked up some gen 3 is because they drop free in the T. SAR while the Gen 2 don't. USGI also do, but my preference is magpul.

Nothing, the manufacture sells for a certain price point, the retailers they distribute too sell for a variety of price points. Actual cost buyer pays depends on how much the buyer shops around. As a rule of thumb as a manufacture/distributer though. You never want to undercut your retailers because then they are less inclined to stock your product since customers buy direct.

The OP asked if they still make them. The answer is yes. They do.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top