JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The issue I had was with the Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard.
I had read all the ways to install and even watched some videos off of youtube.
Come to find out sometimes the Magpul pin can be a bit too large and Mountain Bear and bnr32gtr suggested to use the original pin and that fixed the problem.

The Magpul pin cleared about all the way until about 3mm was left and it would not go in and I did not want to snap the ears off of the trigger guard area. So I pulled it and used the original pin. Solved.

This was on a Colt 6940.

Fixed issue.

Thanks Bear and bnr32gtr!!!

Last Edited:
You should use the original pin if you can/have it. A drop or two of CLP/Lube and you MUST, MUST, support the bottom ear with something nice and solid.

A roll pin driver helps enormously with this task as it helps locate the punch in the roll pin, direct forces in the proper direction and keeps you from dinging the lower with a standard punch.

I've actually bent my roll pin driver in that size from doing so many...

Just go slow, use a little lube and support the ears. If you do those three things, you'll be fine! :s0155:

You should use the original pin if you can/have it. A drop or two of CLP/Lube and you MUST, MUST, support the bottom ear with something nice and solid.

A roll pin driver helps enormously with this task as it helps locate the punch in the roll pin, direct forces in the proper direction and keeps you from dinging the lower with a standard punch.

I've actually bent my roll pin driver in that size from doing so many...

Just go slow, use a little lube and support the ears. If you do those three things, you'll be fine! :s0155:

Thanks for the heads up. Bear suggested the same thing as sometimes I guess the Magpul pin can be too large. So I did and it worked great.

Thanks guys.

Last Edited:
Congrats of getting what ever problem you had solved.

But just out of curiosity, why was the original text deleted. What ever the problem was, someone else may also have it and could have learned from the answer given.

It sounds like you had problems installing the roll pin on a Magpul AR trigger guard.

Congrats of getting what ever problem you had solved.

But just out of curiosity, why was the original text deleted. What ever the problem was, someone else may also have it and could have learned from the answer given.

It sounds like you had problems installing the roll pin on a Magpul AR trigger guard.

I didnt think it was that big of an issue once I learned to use the original pin.

I will put the info back up. No biggy.

Happy Easter!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top