JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd definitely be going if I didn't have a chartered fishing trip this weekend already booked for a couple months.

Is this a one time thing or do they come to Douglas Ridge yearly? if they have a handgun I class next year I'd sign up for sure.

There's a thread on another forum in the Industry section Magpul - with good AAR and lots of Pics...

The class was good and got better each day. Fun stuff.

I've taken the carbine class and now the handgun class - and the teaching style is effective. Fun yes, but effective is what I took away from it.

Chris seems to know what the individuals need in order to learn from their particular issue...and everyone has issues.

In both classes, you seem to progress each day, building on the previous day's drills, discussion and feedback.

By day 3, you are making most of your shots and you walk away feeling very confident in what you learned - and wanting to learn more.

The courses are realistic and have included LEO, Military, and regular citizens in both courses I attended. I won't comment on which group was the better shooters!

I don't have time for a full writeup, but here are some of my thoughts. Keep in mind that it was fast & furious; I know I'll misremember what I did & when. So, if you attended and are reading this, you may well say "we didn't do that on that day" or "you left this out". That's entirely possible.

We started with basic shooting, fixing some of our biggest problems with grip and trigger control. Most of us had our groups improve quite a bit from the first few hours. Key theme was that shooting accurately requires 2 of 3: trigger control, grip, sight picture. We then did reloads, both admin & speed. Second day was wet, wet, wet. We taped up our sights and practiced instictive shooting, which was an eye opener. Many people shot better without their sights than when they were given their sights back. We finished day 2 with an "El Prez" drill with each of us in front of the group to put a bit more pressure on. (I'm forgetting at this moment most of the middle of the day). Day 3 was good weather, and we started timing our draws, getting under 2 seconds from the buzzer to 2 rounds on target. We practiced transitioning to various positions, shooting, returning. We finished the day with a 6 different drills.

I received many pointers and improved quite a bit as a result. They applied stress in the drills that you do not get by simply going to the range and practicing. I'm happy with the class and would take another from the guys at Magpul Dynamics.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top