JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I’m posting to share the air and to recent inquiry. Earlier this year I got a M4 style AR, it came with “Magpul” flip-up sights. Recently the rear sight bracket broke, so I contacted Magpul: explaining my issue and they ask to see some pics. Photo’s sent, and an E-mail later; they informed me that my broken Flip-up sight was a counterfeit. I ask if I could just buy the base to fix mine….”No” because mine was a counterfeit.

Apparently there is an abundance of Counterfeits out there demanding the same price as the original.
:huh:
FYI, buyers beware “because the sights you have are counterfeits/knockoffs I am unable to send out replacement parts for them. There are quite a few indicators clearly present, such as the type of screw used, texture of the material itself and as well as placement of tooling marks.”Please share

ACM, China made. Lots of people use them for airsoft. They work on real guns just as well, that is until they break. The plastic is abs, not the good stuff, and the metal is zinc, not steel. You can get a set of the fakes for $20. With real ones the set is around $100.

They sell them on ebay ACM Magpul MBUS | eBay

But they also sell the fakes for the same money...if unknown to the buyer. They would not sell me the part, to keep from mixing real from fake!

nothing new, it's been going on for quite awhile.

I kinda understand they don't want to warranty/send replacement part for air soft accessories.

this is why you buy firearm accessories from reputation dealers. :s0155:

ACM, China made. Lots of people use them for airsoft. They work on real guns just as well, that is until they break. The plastic is abs, not the good stuff, and the metal is zinc, not steel. You can get a set of the fakes for $20. With real ones the set is around $100.

They sell them on ebay ACM Magpul MBUS | eBay

I bought a set which came in the same box as these, except they were FDE. I bought them off a user here who advertised them as Gen 1 Magpul sights. I didn't know any better and frankly I don't know if he did either. By the time I figured it out months had gone by and they weren't hugely expensive and I am a firm believer in buyer beware. I replaces them with a Vortex Strikefire for now and if I got MBUS again it will be a metal set not made by Troy.

I bought a front and rear (packaged separately) at a gun show a couple of years ago but never used them. Instead, ended up putting original Sig sights on my Sig 556. This thread got me to wondering if I bought fake ones or the Air Soft version by accident. I looked them over pretty well and they are the real MagPul MBUS sights. Quite a few youtube videos on how to tell the difference. Whew...could have been taken on that purchase. Glad I bought them from a MagPul dealer.

Gun shows are another scary place to buy things at times. I once bought an out of spec buffer tube at one, and had no way of returning it. I am pretty sure it was an airsoft buffer tube.

I saw all kinds of this kind of stuff at the bazaars in Afghanistan. Lasers (both red and green), EOTechs, Troy battle sights, Daniel Defense floating hand guards you name it. My opinion they came straight from China or Pakistan.

I even came across Rolex watches. One particular hajji had dozens in his little shop. He was quite a character. He swore up and down they were real and said "for you my friend, $60.00 each!" He had me laughing so hard that I gave his $20.00 for two of them. I bet he still made 200% on that deal.

Caveat emptor.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads