JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
https://www.facebook.com/magpul?ref=ts&fref=ts

Today, Magpul asserted that they would continue to supply government and law enforcement even in states and cities that have stripped citizens of their 2nd Amendment rights. As you can imagine, it appears to have blown up in their face. Their FB page exploded today with post from angry customers, and rightly so. Looks like they will be losing a buttload of customers. Im one of them.

Magpul will arm up potential oppressors in states where civilians will not be allowed access to the same products. Its time to dump ALL support of Magpul. it makes their pledge to leave Colorado look utterly hollow. They themselves stated they were moving for fear that their customers would leave if they kept doing business in Colorado. Well, looks like having their cake and eating it too isnt gonna happen. Lets make sure they fail.
Magpul Will Continue to Sell to Law Enforcement in States With Magazine Limits (In Fact, Will Sell to Them Faster)

while im not sticking up for magpul think about this.
magpul like a ton of other manufacturers sell their products to distributors. and companies like brownells and cheaper than dirt. I think part of what he is saying is that for as many places out there that resell their products either to dealers, or end users it would be difficult for them to police all of those companies. Hell IF i cant get the product from the factory then ill go to the distributors...and most likely find one that will deal with me. I think it would be a good comprimise for them to state that they would not sell directly to LE in those states but once again. Those agencies will just purchase it from an alternate vendor.

Just another excuse in my eyes. It's the principle of it. I can't possibly refuse to buy stuff made in China either. But I try my best not to. And, it hurts when I do. We try to do the best we can to keep our principles. Even when we fail we are still trying. They have made the decision to not even try.

Another point he makes is that a large percentage of the law enforcement personnel in those areas does NOT agree with the laws being passed, and he doesn't want to punish them by pulling products that help them in their job.

The real ones responsible are the politicians and all the anti-gunners, who aren't buying magpul products now, and never would have with or without a ban. Pulling sales to those areas doesn't really accomplish anything constructive. What it does do is remove the last vestiges of positive market influence that the pro-gun movement has there. I support Magpul in this.

Another thing to think about that goes deeper. While i love the companies that can afford to take a stand. We as an industry NEED TO STICK TOGETHER. Not that im saying there is a conspiracy out there but if we start splintering out and only supporting certain companies then we as an industry will become weaker. Just look at all those companies that dissappeared because of the 94 awb,,,,intratec,,calico (yes they are back with their third owner)...etc. i suggest we purchase our stuff as close to business as usuall and show the antigunners we are a force not to be messed with.. also remember that they employ people in that are on our side.

The whole idea of a boycott is just symbolic unless the truly big boys in the police supply industry got involved.

You'd need S&W, Colt, Glock and Sig to sign on for a boycott to have any actual effect whatever. -And even then, the effect would be minimal since a manufacturer can't control the downstream supply chain.

S&W and Colt sold us out a long time ago. Glock is an Austrian company that probably couldn't care less about the issue, and Sig USA is a division of another foreign company, who like Glock, probably doesn't much care one way or the other as long as their bottom line stays pretty.

What's left are the small players, who, again, can't control their downstream customers. If Magpul refused to do business with NY it wouldn't hurt NY LE one tiny little bit.

So really, what's the point?

If you want to be mad at people, be mad at Colt, S&W, Glock and Sig. They actually have the power to have an effect. No one else does. Singling out Magpul for refusing to get into the middle of a completely symbolic movement against another state at a time when they're fighting for their lives in their OWN state, is just silly.

If it makes you happy to beat your chest in meaningless displays of helpless fury, have fun. I can't get behind an effort to demonize a company that's done nothing wrong, has been our friend from the gate, just for refusing to indulge in peeing in the wind in a futile gesture.

^

That's a good one. Standing by principles of equality and treating LEO as the civilians that they are supposed to be is now a "meaningless display of helpless fury". And discriminating against civilians who don't collect a taxpayer funded paycheck is now fine and dandy.

Just admit it, you support Magpul because you're an authoritarian nimwit absorbed in the delusion that the cops are on your side.

Also implying people don't already boycott Colt for being a pathetic has-been that lives off a single government contract. And now that they lost a chunk of that contract to FN, let's hope their days are numbered.

^

That's a good one. Standing by principles of equality and treating LEO as the civilians that they are supposed to be is now a "meaningless display of helpless fury". And discriminating against civilians who don't collect a taxpayer funded paycheck is now fine and dandy.

Just admit it, you support Magpul because you're an authoritarian nimwit absorbed in the delusion that the cops are on your side.

Also implying people don't already boycott Colt for being a pathetic has-been that lives off a single government contract. And now that they lost a chunk of that contract to FN, let's hope their days are numbered.

So your response, rather than to refute a single point I made is to call me names and attribute beliefs I've never even implied? Nice rhetorical touch there.

Dmancornell,

You are intelligent and have a lot of great posts, points, and ideas, but I wish you wouldn't resort to named calling. It is beneath you. If you get frustrated and must name-call do it in general terms like "Americans are gov worshiping deluded idiots" instead of directing it to a specific person. Works for me.

So your response, rather than to refute a single point I made is to call me names and attribute beliefs I've never even implied? Nice rhetorical touch there.

Already refuted your points in another thread. Refusing to treat civilians equally because of a supposed lack of effect is a lame excuse. Magpul had a chance to take a principled stand and they refused.

Do you think the Wilson Combat or Larue boycotts have any real effect in isolation? Boycotts only work when many parties participate and Magpul's refusal, especially when they already stated that a boycott will have no financial impact, makes it doubly insulting to the 2A community. The only logical conclusion is that Magpul and their supporters are pro-cop, hence, authoritarian nimwit. Your rambling excuse for Magpul proves your stance, you need not announce it.

A letter like this should start making the rounds to find out where the true supporters of the 2nd A are (for gun's ammo and acc.)Then we need to support them in any way we can to thank them for standing up to the anti 2nd A.

to whom it may concern:
(1) Is your company a 2nd Admemment supporter?

If you are, (2)are you putting profits ahed of the rights of the American public by selling gun/ammo to the cities, counties, and state law enforcement who have taken the right to bare arms away from the general public but still selling guns/ammo to the law enforcement to these agencies (police loophole)?

A long drawn out explanation is not needed just a simple YES or No for question 1 and question 2
This way I will know where to send my business when purchasing guns & ammo.
A non reply letter will be taken that you are NOT a true Second Admemment supporter.

thank you

From FB:

REGARDING LEO SALES
March 1st, 2013

Back in 1990, when I was deployed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Marine grunt, some companies prioritized me items for my M16 for shipping that I purchased with my own funds. After getting out and forming Magpul in 1999, I established the same priority policy for Military and Law Enforcement, due to the requirements of their profession.

The same policy has been in place for 13 years now and has never been an issue until a few days ago. I do not support the idea that individual police officers should be punished for the actions of their elected officials. That said, I understand the concerns that some have with Law Enforcement officers getting special treatment while at the same time denouncing second amendment rights to another citizen in the same state.

With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.

Richard Fitzpatrick
President/CEO - Founder
Magpul Industries

Too bad there wasnt laws to close the "police loophole"

Poor Magpul they really shot themselves in the foot. :s0114:

They shoulda just stayed out of it from the get-go. Although it was a nice thought that they and others would actually stand up for us, but we must do that for ourselves.

The argument that a manufacturer cannot control their regular and legal distribution chain is absurd. Their contracts with distributors specify all sorts of things and geographic territory is one of them. We all have heard of authorized dealers.
I do understand that if some state agency wanted to buy their product they would still be able to get it in the end. However the process would not be as straight forward as just picking up the phone and placing an order with an official channel business. They would have to go into the gray market.

Besides, do we really need local law enforcement running around with military type equipment when they cannot tell a difference between two little old Asian women and a huge young black guy (not to mention Toyota vs Nissan truck).

Magpul Just said they will move if the pass a anti mag Bill. Heard it on Fox news. :s0155:
https://www.facebook.com/magpul?ref=ts&fref=ts

Today, Magpul asserted that they would continue to supply government and law enforcement even in states and cities that have stripped citizens of their 2nd Amendment rights. As you can imagine, it appears to have blown up in their face. Their FB page exploded today with post from angry customers, and rightly so. Looks like they will be losing a buttload of customers. Im one of them.

Magpul will arm up potential oppressors in states where civilians will not be allowed access to the same products. Its time to dump ALL support of Magpul. it makes their pledge to leave Colorado look utterly hollow. They themselves stated they were moving for fear that their customers would leave if they kept doing business in Colorado. Well, looks like having their cake and eating it too isnt gonna happen. Lets make sure they fail.
Magpul Will Continue to Sell to Law Enforcement in States With Magazine Limits (In Fact, Will Sell to Them Faster)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top