JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A great film for the snowbound! I just finished my third viewing of a nearly four hour masterpiece, the "Director's Cut" of "Kingdom of Heaven", with nearly an hour of restored material to the original film by director Ridley Scott.

The original theatrical version was a flop, a critic's bomb, because it made little sense, with too many holes in the plot, and no understanding of why the characters had such major attitudes. Even if you SAW it you might wonder what was missing, and few people saw the film.

Well, the original director's version is now restored, all of the cuts are back, and it all makes beautiful sense. This film is simply a masterpiece! There is way too much there to even describe---just rent it and enjoy an overwhelming, magnificent creation of cinema........................elsullo

Kingdom of Heaven has always been one of my faves..even cut.. As for Gran Torino..I thought while somewhat less action packed than I would have liked..it was a great flick.. Now..Sweet..answer my !@#$%^& PM...LOL

A great film for the snowbound! I just finished my third viewing of a nearly four hour masterpiece, the "Director's Cut" of "Kingdom of Heaven", with nearly an hour of restored material to the original film by director Ridley Scott.

The original theatrical version was a flop, a critic's bomb, because it made little sense, with too many holes in the plot, and no understanding of why the characters had such major attitudes. Even if you SAW it you might wonder what was missing, and few people saw the film.

Well, the original director's version is now restored, all of the cuts are back, and it all makes beautiful sense. This film is simply a masterpiece! There is way too much there to even describe---just rent it and enjoy an overwhelming, magnificent creation of cinema........................elsullo

THAT'S why that movie made no sense!! Now I need to go get/rent the director's cut and see if turns out to be what the butchered version should have been.

Sounds like the difference between the cut and uncut 'Das Boot'. Totally different movies IMO.

Is Kingdom of Heaven anything like "300"? I didn't like "300" a whole lot, to be kind...

No. Although highly embellished (to say the least), believe it or not '300' is essentially historically accurate. 'Kingdom of Heaven', although more 'believable' at first, is actually highly inaccurate as far as how the actual events transpired.

Keith

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top