JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone use one and if so what and where did you buy it.

I know that nothing sucks more then having a screw, or a small spring roll off and not being able to find it. I would love to have a mat where the part falls off would just stick to the mat and not just roll wherever.

I don't know a whole lot about magnets, but wouldn't tools or spare screws or other ferrous items eventually take on their own magnetism if someone were to leave them on a magnetized mat?

I prefer to use cardboard as a mat and I keep a plastic bowl right next to my mat to put screws and such temporarily as I take stuff apart.

You can buy magnetic tape at Home Depot or Michaels. Maybe you could stick a few strips of it to your work station surface above or below or the side of your normal mat. Just an idea...

I'm not sure they exist in quite this form.

Most people use the mechanics magnetic bowls if they need anything more than a regular bowl/box to put parts in.
I prefer something like the Otis rifle length mat, soft surface that doesn't bounce badly.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top