JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone tried the MagGuts.com +1 magazine kits? Are they reliable? Mostly wondering about the ZeeSpring™ and longterm durability in the Glock 43. That spring design has my interest, not sure because it's new and no track history yet... sharp bends are usually weaker compared to traditional and gradual round bends. The follower with 2 upward pointing tabs also looks potentially problematic. Any thoughts on these?

spring-and-follower3.jpg

Last Edited:
Not really a knockoff... just a capacity increasing spring & follower kit. They aren't selling mag bodies or even aftermarket mags. If I decided to write off all aftermarket magazines, I'd be seriously missing out on Mec-Gar's 17rd offerings. Then consider how Mec-Gar makes mags for most "factory" guns.

Well I guess I spoke incorrectly because I buy only magpul mags for my AR. The korean glock mags are a joke. I just haven't had good luck with anything other than glock factory mags. I do hear the magpuls are good.

The whole point of the MagGuts system is to increase capacity by one without extending the mag length.

I really think there is no shortcut to this. Buy one for each mag you own and put hundred of rounds through the mags. Are they reliable or not?

Well if you're looking for reviews believe me that they work. You're mileage may vary.

I had an issue with the follower in one of my Kahr cw380 mags, so after seeing a review on the product, I bought two. One was for my 6 round mag and the other for my 7 round mag. I shot a box of 50 total out of both mags and not a single issue.

It's a quality kit IMO and it's nice to have an extra round in the mag without gaining extra length with the mag.

I use them in my Shield 9mm. Probably a total of 300 rounds (150ish each), and no problems at all. They have more normal springs tho, not those folded looking guys. Also have had them in by Bodyguard 380, tho considerable fewer rounds. No problem there either.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top