JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was sort of surprised that mags are still, for the most part, available. They haven't taken much of a hit on pricing yet either.

In my latest dumpster dive (continued search for a few guns I should of bought when in stock) I have been noticing magazines are starting to dry up.

If you don't have what you want, and think things will get worse here shortly, may be worth checking on the flavors your guns like and getting a few more!!!

Palmetto state armory has been steadily raising the prices of their D&H mags over the last couple months and now recently started raising them by a lot. They had the buy 10 ar mags deal for like 89.99 a few months ago and offered free shipping. Now that "deal" is 109.99 plus almost 10 dollars in shipping. It's only getting worse from here on out.

I was looking for some mags for my Marlin 795 somewhat recently but there's none to be found except for Ebay. They're normally 13 to 15 dollars for a 10 round mag but they're now 50 to 70 dollars on Ebay. If I wasn't in the process of buying a vehicle to replace my 30+ year old suburban i would be loading up on mags like crazy.

The masses were going to go after the mags.. it was just a matter of time. Im shocked its JUST NOW that people are buying them. Probably because they wanted to get the firearm first.
Im telling my buddies that are new to firearms to buy mags now.. once the fire sale starts mags will be like what ammo is now.

Found some Korean Glock happy sticks for $10, clicky clicky. Would like to get a few more factory ones, but they are up to $50 a piece now.

Found some Korean Glock happy sticks for $10, clicky clicky. Would like to get a few more factory ones, but they are up to $50 a piece now.

Rainier Arms (I have no affiliation) had some odgreen happy sticks in stock at $35 a pop the other day. Black is $37. Just try finding some factory ruger mini 14 mags for a good price. Impossible.

I did the same thing yesterday. Ive had good luck with the Korean glock mags. Get them before folks catch on. Make for great range mags.

I stopped by a Sportsmans the other day after a medical visit and happily obtained ammo as it was being restocked. After swooping in on that, I looked around. Many things picked clean, but I was surprised to see so many AR and Glock magazines on the displays, and it wasn't the first time I saw the well stocked there. In past panics, magazines were some of the first things to go.

I stopped by a Sportsmans the other day after a medical visit and happily obtained ammo as it was being restocked. After swooping in on that, I looked around. Many things picked clean, but I was surprised to see so many AR and Glock magazines on the displays, and it wasn't the first time I saw the well stocked there. In past panics, magazines were some of the first things to go.
The one here is fairly well stocked too. I'm only starting to see them dry up online.

Likely, we will see those stores dry up soon too. Especially if any sort of magazine limit hits the fan.

I went to cabela's the other day and found the savage mk2 mags I was looking for but for $35 each. Just ordered them online at $20 a piece and then they were sold out. I think it's hit and miss right now and the local retailers are still seeing shipping delays like the rest of us.

Depends on the type of mag, I think. Probably your 10+ capacity ones? Reminds me I need to buy some but most I'm after are 10 rounders. Hopefully supply on those holds out just a tick longer

I recall in the 2013 panic the Ruger 10/22 BX25 mags were one of the hot mags selling for upwards of $100 a pop.o_O

I've been increasing my greater than 10 round pistol mags the last few months and have noticed their starting to creep up in $ and availability as well.

I think FourTeeFive has a good point about noob gun owners not buying mags yet.

I recall in the 2013 panic the Ruger 10/22 BX25 mags were one of the hot mags selling for upwards of $100 a pop.o_O

I've been increasing my greater than 10 round pistol mags the last few months and have noticed their starting to creep up in $ and availability as well.

I think FourTeeFive has a good point about noob gun owners not buying mags yet.

Yah, I remember "the crazy"!

For folks whom have a want for Ruger 10/22 magazines, give a look at dackoutdoors.

2 pack of Bx-25's for $34, plus ship.

Never dealt with them before, so check reviews & such.

We don't have a want, or a need...

I've been looking for Suomi single feed coffins and drums and ((10)) 223 AK mags. Those dried up long ago. PPSh stuff has been gone. PPS-43 has been harder to get. Everyone has wanted an arm and a leg for bakelite AK mags for some time.

I'd love a couple more Valmet M76 223 mags. Theyve been excessive of $300 for a while.

I noticed the same thing last week, so I took an inventory and placed an order for some quality import AK 47 & 74 magazines.

I would look 1st at import magazines, then at anything over 10 rounds, (look twice at std capacity or greater imported magazines) and make sure you have enough.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top