JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've never understood the dated newspaper thing. What's to stop me from taking a picture with one marked 11/15/22 on 3/24/24?

its a bunch of crap, honestly if they wanna claim I got any of my mags after ban effect they will need to prove the claim not me. the burden of proof is on the one who makes said claim...

Receipts are probably king, but they don't prove much as there is no serialization on magazines. The only thing I have figured is effective would be to take a photo and have it notarized.

From another thread:
I'm thinking of getting a signed affidavit from a notary public after I mark my mags with an electric engraver with my initials, date, and numbering. Props to the member here (I forget) who mentioned the Harbor Freight engraver.

I would think that would be more than sufficient in a court of law.
But really though:

"I purchased these magazines before 114 went into effect."

You don't need proof.

They need proof that you didn't.

I don't believe what I said even really stands for non-compliance. I'm not a lawyer. If you're coming this forum for legal advice or giving it, I think you're in the wrong place. If you're truly concerned about what you need to do before and after this takes effect, you need to talk to your lawyer or get one and talk to them.

I don't believe what I said even really stands for non-compliance. I'm not a lawyer. If you're coming this forum for legal advice or giving it, I think you're in the wrong place. If you're truly concerned about what you need to do before and after this takes effect, you need to talk to your lawyer or get one and talk to them.
A lawyer wouldn't know either, that is part of the problem with this sort of BS, "we have to pass it to see what is in it". <Good riddance hag.>

Just give 'em this...

finger-nuke.jpg

You will need proof that you owned your high capacity magazines prior to this new law 114 taking effect,
I suggest taking photos of your Friends magazines along with a dated news paper in the photo.
And you bring yours in from an out of state seller after the ban.

Anyone else want to give it a try?

Receipts are probably king, but they don't prove much as there is no serialization on magazines. The only thing I have figured is effective would be to take a photo of your friends mags and have it notarized.
Then you bring yours in from out of state after the ban.

Strike two. anybody?

You will need proof that you owned your high capacity magazines prior to this new law 114 taking effect,
I suggest taking photos of your magazines along with a dated news paper in the photo.
The reason why this ^^^ doesn't work, is this...
I've never understood the dated newspaper thing. What's to stop me from taking a picture with one marked 11/15/22 on 3/24/24?
The whole newspaper thing is to show proof of life of a hostage as of a certain date. It doesn't work backwards. I can have a stack of old newspapers lying around...and I do to clean guns on.

From another thread:

But really though:

"I purchased these magazines before 114 went into effect."

You don't need proof.

They need proof that you didn't.
That's what it should be in our society. However, the measure specifically states that possession of the magazine outside the exemptions is a criminal offense and requires an affirmative defense. Affirmative defense means you have to prove that what you did is legal.

It's obviously written with the concept that we are all criminals and must be treated as such. That's how they think of us and is what we're up against. They are pre-judging all gun owners and throwing us into the basket of deplorables. Until everyone gets that into their heads, we won't have a cohesive group to fight this.

Take your mags to a local engraver and get them engraved with either a SN you create (maybe match it to their respective firearms and add another number at the end if you have multiple mags for it) or a symbol of your choice. Get a receipt that has date and description of work done.
Keep a copy of the receipt with the gun/mags and another in your safe. Kind of like NFA items.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top