JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pictures can be manipulated. Anything can.

I'm not taking one damn picture of anything I own. Engrave if you want, take photos. Submit your boxers for a urine, semen and stool sample if that makes you feel better.

I ain't doing sh1t. Where are all my fellow Patriots?

I'm not taking one damn picture of anything I own. Engrave if you want, take photos. Submit your boxers for a urine, semen and stool sample if that makes you feel better.

Yup!

I'll also continue to carry standard capacity magazines as backup magazines. 15's, 17's & or 19's.

My current carry conceals better with a reduced capacity magazine (10). So that's what I'll likely continue with. Not a capitulation nor a compliance, just what works best. For me. As a choice - as it should be.

all my magazines must have bought before Dec 8th, as no one would sell one or ship one to me after that date as, well, that that would be illegal- How could I have possibly obtained any ?

taking pics is a waste - the time and exif are easy to tweak- my magpul and lancers have no unique, distinguishing features that would separate them from any of the 20 billion already in circulation.

I also can't think of any real life situation where anyone of consequence is going to challenge me for proof of purchase date.
Unless I was doing something very, very bad and they were looking for add on charges, I doubt local LEOs or the ATF would have any interest in me or my mags.

Last Edited:
its a bunch of crap, honestly if they wanna claim I got any of my mags after ban effect they will need to prove the claim not me. the burden of proof is on the one who makes said claim...
ORS 161.055
Burden of proof as to defenses

TEXT
ANNOTATIONS 13
(1)When a "defense," other than an "affirmative defense" as defined in subsection (2) of this section, is raised at a trial, the state has the burden of disproving the defense beyond a reasonable doubt.

(2)When a defense, declared to be an "affirmative defense" by chapter 743, Oregon Laws 1971, is raised at a trial, the defendant has the burden of proving the defense by a preponderance of the evidence.

I hear you. The problem is the internet will tell you whatever you want to hear. If your defense is that you've had them, the burden of proof is back on the prosecution to prove that you acquired them illegally. It just doesn't seem worth it to be a trendsetter and going hog-wild, photos, engraving, and notarization when there's no way to prove you acquired non-serialized items after some arbitrary point in time to begin with.
ORS 161.055

TEXT
ANNOTATIONS 13
(1)When a "defense," other than an "affirmative defense" as defined in subsection (2) of this section, is raised at a trial, the state has the burden of disproving the defense beyond a reasonable doubt.
(2)When a defense, declared to be an "affirmative defense" by chapter 743, Oregon Laws 1971, is raised at a trial, the defendant has the burden of proving the defense by a preponderance of the evidence.

I still have not found what this affirmative defense BS is to understand how it works for this measure.

Would the following interpretation be wrong? It is a all out ban. If you are found with +10 mags anywhere, including where you can use them, you can be charged. It would be up to you to provide evidence you owned them prior to the effective date of the measure to get the charges dropped.
ORS 161.055

TEXT
ANNOTATIONS 13

Not arguing any of that. I just don't want to have to carry and present multiple cards. One card with several endorsements. Drive a car, drive a motorcycle, carry my gun, permit to by my gun, all on one card.
People are confused enough about the difference between a right and a privilege already. Keep them separate.

This might fall under a better safe than sorry action.

Best case is you never end up on trial.

Worst case you do and the jury doesn't like your affirmative defense proof.

Half the voters in this State voted for this nonsense. I wonder how many of those might end up on a jury?
In my experience as jury foreman twice, the dumbest half will end up on the jury.

exactly.

I figure my mags will just self-identify as less than 0.3g of heroin so will be perfectly legal to have in public. Anyone not recognizing how they identify is a bigot and a transphobe and should be charged with a bias crime.

A notarized piece of paper only proves that you signed a piece of paper.

Like notarizing a bill of sale for a vehicle when you owe the Ex 50% of the cash sale price.

A notarized piece of paper only proves that you signed a piece of paper.

Like notarizing a bill of sale for a vehicle when you owe the Ex 50% of the cash sale price.
I kind of like his notary idea because the notary says he made that statement on a particular date. Two years from now when he gets busted for his mags, he has pretty good evidence he has always had them and this wasn't just an after-the-fact attempt to get out of trouble.

When is the last time anyone heard of anyone getting "busted" for a magazine capacity issue? More pandering to .gov.

when you know what you are doing is not valid always add it as a foot note to your bill

SECTION 12. If any provision of this 2022 Act or its application to any person or circumstance is held invalid, the invalidity does not affect other provisions or applications of this Act which can be given effect without the invalid provision or application, and to this end the provisions of this Act are severable. The people hereby declare that they would have adopted this Chapter, notwithstanding the unconstitutionality, invalidity and ineffectiveness of any one of its articles, sections, subsections, sentences or clauses.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top