JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Read this nonsensical law and you'll see it reads that "WE" need to prove we owned these magazines prior to 114. So yes, they indeed can require us to prove we owned them previously, if this law stands.
I am actually going to use my electric engraved to put a date on all mine, and take pictures with my camera date shown in the corner. Yes, it may be up to enforcement as to whether any method we use is accepted, but it's better than doing nothing.

Read this nonsensical law and you'll see it reads that "WE" need to prove we owned these magazines prior to 114. So yes, they indeed can require us to prove we owned them previously, if this law stands.
I am actually going to use my electric engraved to put a date on all mine, and take pictures with my camera date shown in the corner. Yes, it may be up to enforcement as to whether any method we use is accepted, but it's better than doing nothing.

Same. I'll also be mailing the photos to myself and have the envelope notorized. The pictures will have my OR driver's license with them and the mail will be certified.

About as much "affirmative defense" as I feel inclined to muster would be allowing my wife to testify: "Yes. He has had those magazines for a long time. Long before that silly measure passed."

The tyranny must end .

D588D382-3AD4-41A4-B6F8-6C89630A1E08.jpeg

Hey, just my personal thoughts on if you're going to do this, and what I plan on doing.
Take a video of yourself with your magazines. Type into your computer and show it in the video asking what todays date is on google. Ask an Alexa or google device what day it is. Post that video to YouTube (unlisted or whatever) of your mags. You have proof of the mags in your possession, with three forms of date on it (google, Alexa, and the YouTube upload date). That's a pretty picture IF they try and take your mags. I don't know of any way to manipulate a YouTube upload date.

I plan to, and have when the situation called for it, make gratuitous use of my right to remain silent. Which is active at all times and not just when they remind you. Likely, I give the officer the courtesy of knowing that's what I am doing. I'll be very cautious about how I affirm my defense:
"If you give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest of men, I will find something in them which will hang him."
-Cardinal Richelieu

The dated newspaper probably will not be a valid documentation,as any old newspaper can be photographed at any later date. I would suggest a smart phone showing the date with the mags in the same picture

The dated newspaper probably will not be a valid documentation,as any old newspaper can be photographed at any later date. I would suggest a smart phone showing the date with the mags in the same picture
How does that prove that the picture was not of your neighbors' mags? You could have purchased your own mags after August 8th and smuggled them in from Idaho.

Seems like lots of planning, plotting and hand ringing for something the SCOTUS has said is unlawful, a violation of Second Amendment Rights and slapped the lower courts in the pee pee for upholding.

Civil disobedience is the correct path to take, magazine capacity limits are unlawful, that's what the Supreme Court of The United States has ruled…. Follow the constitution…. Don't let your Civil Rights be infringed.

OFF's take:
And people who should know better keep giving out ridiculous advice to gun owners who face jail time for simply being in possession of constitutionally protected magazines they have owned for decades.

"To prove a gun owner had possession of higher-capacity magazines prior to Measure 114 going into effect , the owner could take a photo with a timestamp of the magazines, state police Capt. Stephanie Bigman suggested"

This clearly preposterous suggestion will only serve to mislead and endanger people.

Obviously, magazines cannot be identified in a photograph since they all look exactly the same. And it's laughable to think a court is going to accept a "time stamped" digital photo when, as you can see, they can be so easily altered.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top