JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Holy smokes, all the people on here who "don't care" sure have a lot to say about it. I don't care about the WA ban, which means I don't spend my days arguing with people on forums who do. I already regret the few minutes I wasted skimming this thread.
I regret the 30 seconds it took me to read your post.

:D

Holy smokes, all the people on here who "don't care" sure have a lot to say about it. I don't care about the WA ban, which means I don't spend my days arguing with people on forums who do. I already regret the few minutes I wasted skimming this thread.
Meh, I take it as pushback against those who are too eager to be as compliant as possible. They seem like the gun-owner equivalents to the type of folk who were asking on the Next Door app if Dr. Fauci said it was ok for their kids to go trick-or-treating this past Halloween or made their relatives wait in the garage while waiting on rona rapid test results before letting them in for Thanksgiving.

Meh, I take it as pushback against those who are too eager to be as compliant as possible. They seem like the gun-owner equivalents to the type of folk who were asking on the Next Door app if Dr. Fauci said it was ok for their kids to go trick-or-treating this past Halloween or made their relatives wait in the garage while waiting on rona rapid test results before letting them in for Thanksgiving.
These compliant types could at the very least tag their wife's boyfriend in the thread so we could talk to the man of their house.

Purity spirals
I was today years old when I learned a new phrase!

i-love-it-amy-poehler.gif

I didn't read this whole thread so someone else might already have asked and gotten this answered, but wouldn't the burden of proof of a "chrime" commited be on the accuser, always?
If not, we could see the price of old newspapers sky-rocket soon.

I didn't read this whole thread so someone else might already have asked and gotten this answered, but wouldn't the burden of proof of a "chrime" commited be on the accuser, always?
If not, we could see the price of old newspapers sky-rocket soon.
The burden of proof for the crime is always on the accuser. If you are found having the >10 round magazines, they have to show beyond a reasonable doubt that you have the magazines.

If they do that (which isn't hard), you can mount an "affirmative defense" in which if you show by predominance of evidence (more likely than not) that you owned them before the ban and were only using them for and where they are permitted, you are absolved.

This is no different than self-defense cases. The state has to show beyond a reasonable doubt that you shot someone. You have to show more likely than not that it was self-defense.

there are lots of interesting arguments about the constitutionality of parts of 114, but the "affirmative defense" thing is not contrary to the constitution or anything like that. It's common in U.S. law.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top