JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, since I can't do a search at the moment I am just going to pose this question here. When you guys buy magazines for your firearms New or Used, Do you just trust them and not worrieing about them? I guess I am just talking about magazines primarily for defensive/offensiver purposes.

The reason I am asking is because I have had one magazine related failure(bolt override), a while back and I am just curious what you guys think. Personally, I have alot of AR mags(compared to most) and I am slowly running each mag through my AR before I decide if I am going to trust it or not. So far, I have 4 PMAGS and $ Troy Battle Mags that I have run 90 or 120 rounds through and decided to trust. Each mag was shot at least once semi rapid fire.

I am just curious what others are doing if they are doing anything and if I am just throwing money away making sure I have reliable magazines. Thanks in advance for your input on this.

I number my magazines and if one continues to have a problem it get's torn down and cleaned, then shot again. If the problem is still there I will attempt to determine what the problem is, and what's causing if, and then make a solid attempt to fix it. I haven't run into one that I can't fix yet, although my brother's Kimber doesn't seem to like one of the mags he has. It may get tossed eventually.

To me it's not a "trust" issue, knowing how to deal with a problem magazine should be in everyone's training schedule, in fact having one you know is bad can be very beneficial, especially if it's not uniformly bad. If I had one that was constantly bad and I couldn't fix it, I may throw it away, or label it as "bad" and keep it in my shooting bag. After all, never know when you may need the parts from it to fix a good one.

^^ I agree^^
Number them and keep your flawless ones as your first line, then if you have problem mags LABEL THEM as such. Either get rid of them, return them for a refund, or keep them for parts maybe. I would keep the labeled bad ones handy for malfunction drills, if you practice that (hopefully you do)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top