Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Magazine on News stand

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Teamowner, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Teamowner

Teamowner Vancouver, Wa. Member

Saw a magazine that some may be interested in. It is expensive (compared to my normal car mag purchases). It is put out by Guns & Ammo, it's titled " Book of the AR-15" . I have enjoyed reading through it.:D

2. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

Let me piggy-back onto this thread and promote my favorite magazine: Combat Handguns. It's expensive unless you get a subscription, but it is a really good magazine with tons of real-world information. I always scan the "table of contents" pages to see if I am interested in that particular issue, and buy it a few times a year. If you have never seen it, try it.....................elsullo

3. dan147

dan147 Helvetia, OR Member

i got the book of the AR....

i didn't think it was that great.

4. PromptCritical

PromptCritical Oregon City, OR Member

I think they put one out every year.

Good for basic info, but nothing most of us black rifle nuts don't already know.

5. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot Oregon Member

For the price of a few overpriced magazines (that claim to be books :laugh:) you can get, "The Black Rifle," and "The Black Rifle II," by R.Blake Stevens.