JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have Tikka T3X 300WM with Mountain Tactical bottom plate. The rifle shoots great, but today the original Tikka magazine started popping-up every shot. It looks that the little dent on the magazine that holds the magazine is worn-out and can't hold the magazine in place anymore. I used this magazine and Mountain Tactical bottom plate for about 2 months without any issue, but the problem developed today. Now the magazine can't even hold when it is empty. I can remove it easily with my hands. Any advice?

Dan from Seattle

Bend out your magazine retention spring a little bit. It is the flat spring that is held in by your trigger bolt. Should provide enough tension to hold the magazine in place.

I fixed the issue. It was not the retention spring on the trigger guard (Mountain Tactical bottom plate), but the problem was that the little plastic magazine retention indent wore out. I filed magazine to make this indent deeper and now the magazine holds stronger than when it was new. Thus, the problem solved. These plastic Tikka magazines are cheaply made, but they are only $40, so I ordered a spare one.

This must be a known issue because there both billet and steel magazines available for Tikka.
Retention springs, too.

About $20 more than OEM, though.
On a bolt gun you only need one ore two.

This must be a known issue because there both billet and steel magazines available for Tikka.
Retention springs, too.

About $20 more than OEM, though.
On a bolt gun you only need one ore two.
The problem is that my Tikka factory stock only accepts Mountain Tactical bottom plate compatible with plastic Tikka magazines. I think, in order for me to use metal magazines, I would have to buy a different bottom plate and modify the factory stock. Can someone confirm this? I hope I am wrong.

The problem is that my Tikka factory stock only accepts Mountain Tactical bottom plate compatible with plastic Tikka magazines. I think, in order for me to use metal magazines, I would have to buy a different bottom plate and modify the factory stock. Can someone confirm this? I hope I am wrong.
That does not seem logical.
If you can confirm that you indeed have Mountain Tactical "bottom metal" it would only make sense that it's compatible with Mountain Tactical magazines.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top