Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

magazine ID help

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by LuftPost, Dec 29, 2012.

1. LuftPost

LuftPost Seattle, WA Member

hey guys, i'm hoping one of you can help me ID these 3 20rd mags i've had buried away for years upon years.

these were given to me probably 8 years ago, and at the time i didn't have an AR, but based off of the shape and size, I assumed they were for an AR. about 5 years ago I joined the AR-club, and sure enough they don't fit. I've since assumed they were mini-14 mags, but I don't have one to test and confirm, and none of my friends have one either. the thing is, when I google for images of mini-14 mags, I haven't seen any with the same receiver-catch (or whatever its called), so i'm a little stumped. there are no markings on these mags; nothing on the sides or floorplate. they accept .223 rounds, and came fully loaded with some ancient rounds, 19-20 per mag.

these are the mags.

thanks for the help!

2. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

Edjamakted eyeball says OOOOooolllllllld USA brand Mini-14 mags.....they are "Teh suk"

Take advantage while you can and put them up on GB.

3. LuftPost

LuftPost Seattle, WA Member

hahahahahah thanks, i figured they were for a mini-14, but i wanted needed second opinions. :)

imma put them up here; im not looking to make money off of them.

4. tbotts

tbotts Bremerton New Member

yea, those are "usa" brand mini-14 magazines. Usa mags, whether pistol or rifle, are generally crappy and not worth the money at any time. I bought some after the 1st ban in 94 and just ended up destroying them cause they would not work.
    Even getting those for free, you paid too much!