JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am a lefty and have never had this happen.

Any other lefty's have this problem?

Lefty.

I'm a lefty as well and have carried since the early 90's. Never had anything like this happen either. But, I'd never play with a gun in the Social Security parking lot, that place always has more armed guards than the Federal Reserve for some reason.

Last Christmas we had a gun at Costco drop his gun when he dropped his drawers and AD in the men's room. That got the entire swat team to come assist him in short order.

I've had a mag fall out of my weapon once, it was when I was getting out of the truck. I must have pressed it when I tried to get my seatbelt on or something (obviously a righty). I didn't even realize till I got back in the truck a few minutes later.

my first carry pistol was a para p12 limited.. it might have had an "extended" mag release, as part of the "limited" package- whatever the case, the magazine reliably popped out while sitting in my truck every time i got out. it became habit to, as i exited the truck, reach back and re-seat the magazine. took a good 6 months, probably, to break that habit after i switched to a USP. the glock mag release is so damn hard to hit, even intentionally, that i never worry about it, nowdays.

i think it's pretty bubblegumin ridiculous that cops respond active-shooter style anytime anyone makes a "man with a gun" call. if having a gun was remotely illegal, i'd understand.

i think it's pretty bubblegumin ridiculous that cops respond active-shooter style anytime anyone makes a "man with a gun" call. if having a gun was remotely illegal, i'd understand.

Not justifying what the cops did, I was not there and don't know exactly what happened. I will say though things get handled a bit different in Yakima due to the high violent crime rate in the area. For a town of 75,000 people there were 29 homicides last year. Already there are at least 2 that I know of for sure this year, and at least 1 officer involved shooting.

Why not a NRA backed, hunters safety style, self defense course? Not pass/fail, just these are some things you need to know.
Because the NRA cares about hunters rights not gun rights. F the NRA.

Not justifying what the cops did, I was not there and don't know exactly what happened. I will say though things get handled a bit different in Yakima due to the high violent crime rate in the area. For a town of 75,000 people there were 29 homicides last year. Already there are at least 2 that I know of for sure this year, and at least 1 officer involved shooting.

Agreed on the response. With the number of shootings lately, and cops already cautios by nature, it's the way of life that when a guns involved there on point.

I've been treated similarly by cops in a traffic stop because of their lack of knowledge of Oregon CHL laws. What if one of them or one of those responding to this incident were a bit sloppy with their trigger finger and negligently shot the person?

As far as magazine releases, I carry a backup in a left hand pocket in a pocket holster, and it is not uncommon for the mag release to get pressed as I go about my daily routines (seat belt is the most common). Like the person mentioned above, I make it a habit to check it before exiting a car, just like I check my cover garment position over my primary carry pistol. I have also had the mag release depressed a couple of times on a right hand IWB situation. If you carry long enough, you WILL have this happen to you, unless your backside is soft enough that it won't depress the mag release ;)

As far as the training requirement discussion, I'd rather have basic firearms safety required as a middle school class (with a basic Eddie Eagle style primer in 1st grade), for ALL students. If we can spend money teaching the kids to put condoms on bananas, and that it's perfectly acceptable for Heather to have Two Mommies, then we can teach them the basics about gun safety even if they never intend to own a gun. Think of the reduction in firearms accidents that would be possible, and after all it's "for the kids" ;)

I know I'll catch some flack for this but here goes...
I have a Wa. CCW, I've trained and qualified in other states as well. I like how easy it is to get a permit here.
But it worries me that no training or knowledge is required to pack here. Most of us, I'm sure know what we're doing, but I've met some that have no idea how to use their equiptment or when for that matter.

OK, as long as a class on the Bill of Rights and our Revolutionary War history is also required for exercising free speech

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top