JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have you never shot a semi-auto pistol yet, @GSSA? It seems to me that anyone who has shot a gun has dumped a mag. I even did it once at a range with strict rules against such a thing...and was sternly reprimanded.

It was worth it!

I have, most recently on an AR. 4 Mags, on Semi-auto. I did it for testing purposes. Fun to capture data, but a jarring and expensive experience.

So, mag dumps on rifles are best when someone else is paying for the ammo. Otherwise, more practical shooting is maintained. At least from those that have commented so far.

So, mag dumps on rifles are best when someone else is paying for the ammo. Otherwise, more practical shooting is maintained. At least from those that have commented so far.

Your line of questioning is either pure sarcasm, or it has another agenda. You're in the business of muzzle brakes, and yet you have questions on mag dumps?

I have, most recently on an AR. 4 Mags, on Semi-auto. I did it for testing purposes. Fun to capture data, but a jarring and expensive experience.

Yes it's costly, but it is just plain fun too. It's one thing I miss a lot about having to shoot at a range with all the rules. When I can get out in the county have to do it at least once on several guns. Just for the hell of it.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews