JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You have NOT missed anything. 4 years ago, the 5 round capacity limit was lifted. There is now no longer a limit on your semi-auto hunting rifle. I would not recommend anyone who needs more than 5 shots to even be out in the woods, however, it is legal to carry around a 30 round magazine in your 30-06 if you choose. Technically speaking, one can use a 30 round magazine in an SKS for Elk if they wanted to... not recommended by the Fish and Game Department or by me..

I have called the Washington State Fish and Game Enforcement Office to verify this.

.243 is still the smallest caliber to hunt large game with, however, coyote and cougar can both be hunted with a .22 centerfire round.

Thanks Jaybo:s0155: I've got a 7.62x39 upper on my AR and the smallest magazine I can find is 10 rnds. As for "Big Game" hunting...I tend to think of the 7.62 as a rapid fire 30-30.:p:s0114:

This coming season will be my first time using the AR for hunting. Personally I have always been a meat hunter and try mainly for neck shots, but in the past I've used a 30-06.:)

Hotwheelz:D
I believe that's a Federal Law governing migratory water fowl, but most states use it as a general shotgun reg. Like the comercial says, "I don't care as long as it goes -"Bang, Bang, Bang"...:p:s0114:

Here in the state of Washington... its 3 rounds for waterfowl (shotgun) and it has to be lead-free shot. Dont get caught without the plug in it, (if its capable of holding more) cause the Gamies dont take to kindly to the defense of "I didnt know"... 8)

It used to be 5 round max on hunting calibers for long rifles, but again.. that is not the case anymore.:s0155:

Oh ya.. one other pointer... IF you are an archery hunter.. and you go out hunting coyote with a rifle... you still need to wear orange during any modern firearm season.. (I know.. its a big duh.. but).... had a friendly Gamie give a very nice reminder!

Thanks Jaybo, We're not a string shooter. I pinned a Jack Rabbit to the ground once (early in life) with an arrow...Had to kill it with a rock. I never will forget it's squealing. I've never had a deer I've shot make more than a coulpe of jumps, most of the time they would just fold. Strange as it sounds, I don't like to HURT animals.:(

Thanks Jaybo, We're not a string shooter. I pinned a Jack Rabbit to the ground once (early in life) with an arrow...Had to kill it with a rock. I never will forget it's squealing. I've never had a deer I've shot make more than a coulpe of jumps, most of the time they would just fold. Strange as it sounds, I don't like to HURT animals.:(
No jack that sounds right it is a lot different killing an animal to eat and just torturing it

This is my first "bow" season.. and I havnet shot at anything yet. I was out of state for the firearm season... so.... I had to do the next best thing! Plus I get to spend quite a bit more time in the woods, as the season is a lot longer, and I can bag a doe, which is always a bonus, since I'm bound to get one of those!!! (Front yard counts right?!)

My Uncle and Aunt used to have a place outside of Oakville and I used to tell him he should at least step off of the porch.:p:D

Been nice, but we're probably using up server time.:s0155:

I dont think the 5 round would be an issue with grouse, however, I think duck season coincides with the same season, so I wouldn't chance being caught with it, and trying to convince a gamie that your not really out duck hunting.. (although I could see the arguement if you were NOWHERE near a body of water)... Personnaly, a .22 or 17hmr is my caliber of choice for rabbit.. although, hitting them on the run is a wee bit more challenging;)

I stand corrected...

Apparently.. I wouldn't have been able to talk my way out of that one.. no matter what I said!

You may not be able to use more than 3 rounds in your shotgun... but a 50 round AK or AR is still legit for big game hunting tho..???!?!

Some laws make me wonder...

Thanks. :cool:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top