JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You just have to remember to assert your right that the burden of proof is upon "them" that you are doing "something", not you having to prove that you're not doing something.
I understand that, but it may be cheaper than trying to defend yourself from overzealous police officers and prosecutors.

I am not poo-pooing adherence to the law.

But seriously, we are about to try and live through the worst domestic year I believe any of us has lived through before.

Get your elk and provide for your people. And hug them often.

Enjoying this thread ... great example of how the original question gets lost. So back to legal mag capacity from the OP....how may elk tags do you have?
The original question was answered a long time ago.

This thread is now public property and is subject to drift in all manner of directions.

Such as, who else only uses jacketed bullets on weekdays, and solid copper on weekends?

I understand that, but it may be cheaper than trying to defend yourself from overzealous police officers and prosecutors.
There are certain times (elk and deer seasons) you DON'T want to say you're carrying your centerfire rifle for bears or cougars in Oregon, if you don't also have a used or unused deer or elk tag for that unit. Page 17 in the 2021 regulations mentions this. There is also a reminder on page 62 where the bear regulations are.

When the State legislature said that ODFW couldn't tell you what you could possess/carry, ODFW used a more nuanced approach - telling you what you can hunt and when. I remember contacting ODFW directly because I was accompanying some friends who had Malheur River Unit tags for mule deer. I didn't have a tag, but thought I should bring a rifle along for coyotes. ODFW basically told me I could possess any weapon I wanted, but if I was going to hunt coyotes, I couldn't do it with a centerfire rifle unless I had a tag for mule deer. So, they were controlling my hunting, not my possession of a certain type of weapon. This was a few years back, but I don't think anything has changed. Looking at the 2021 regulations online, this seems to be what they're getting at. Even if it's as clear as mud.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top