JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never say never. Are we supposed to feel comfortable with the Republican majority? The same majority that seems to be working hand in hand to fund amnesty? Or the Republican majority that has done mothing about the Unaffordable care act?
We should not be sitting back and saying "this will never see the light of day" Sounds similar to "Obama will never try to take your guns away"

Write your representatives. Let them know what you think.

Never say never. Are we supposed to feel comfortable with the Republican majority? The same majority that seems to be working hand in hand to fund amnesty? Or the Republican majority that has done mothing about the Unaffordable care act?
We should not be sitting back and saying "this will never see the light of day" Sounds similar to "Obama will never try to take your guns away"

Write your representatives. Let them know what you think.

Apparently you don't know much about the legislative system in the United States. How many times were House bills forwarded to the Senate for a vote, only to be tabled by Harry Reid? And NO, I will not do your homework for you.

Apparently you don't know much about the legislative system in the United States. How many times were House bills forwarded to the Senate for a vote, only to be tabled by Harry Reid? And NO, I will not do your homework for you.
I am well aware of the Harry Reid factor. That being said, outside of a few true conservative leaders, a majority of those on the Republican side of the house will say one thing and then swiftly do another. They are career politicians with little to no loyalty to the people they were elected to represent. You may bury your head in the sand if you like, I however will continue to fight for our freedoms and never again take a chance that those in Washington will do the right thing.

As far as the federal government being forbidden from making ex post facto laws. What about the 1996 Lautenberg domestic violence law that made it illegal for anyone having a misdemeanor charge of domestic violence anytime in their past life from ever owning a gun from that day forward. A lot of cops lost their jobs and/or were transferred to desk jobs because of it.

While I don't expect this particular bill to pass, we all need to be aware that the proposed bill prohibits the possession of them on top of everything else. So, just by owning what you already own, they want to make you a criminal. Typical attack by the left.
I read the bill and it specifically exempts magazines in possession prior to the bill passage.

Ok Smart guy, what's your solution? Seriously, let's hear it.

The GoP does NOT have enough votes to over-ride a senate fillibuster. PERIOD.

Even if they could get enough Democrats on a bill to force Cloture, they don't have enough to over-ride a veto.

What's your solution? That's actually possible? You gonna make the many VALUABLE federal workers go without pay for what? Months? Every poor bastard that's waiting on an approval of benefits to which they are entitles six-ways to Sunday just had those benefits put on hold for 6 months? (Obamacare is NEVER getting repealed without a GoP president).

A shutdown that would actually force presidential action would have to last for so long and hurt so many people, that it's never going to actually happen. -That's not because the GOP are wussies, it's because they don't want to hand over the entire government to the Dems for 4 years. Because that's what would happen in the next election.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong. So propose SPECIFICALLY what you would do. Otherwise I write you off as another blowhard. I'm listening. Maybe you have the magic bullet. But posting vague "They ain't doin' it right, so they must be traitors" types of posts says nothing for your position. (And yes, I know you didn't use those specific words, but that's clearly the tone of your posts on this thread).

Ok Smart guy, what's your solution? Seriously, let's hear it.

The GoP does NOT have enough votes to over-ride a senate fillibuster. PERIOD.

Even if they could get enough Democrats on a bill to force Cloture, they don't have enough to over-ride a veto.

What's your solution? That's actually possible? You gonna make the many VALUABLE federal workers go without pay for what? Months? Every poor bastard that's waiting on an approval of benefits to which they are entitles six-ways to Sunday just had those benefits put on hold for 6 months? (Obamacare is NEVER getting repealed without a GoP president).

A shutdown that would actually force presidential action would have to last for so long and hurt so many people, that it's never going to actually happen. -That's not because the GOP are wussies, it's because they don't want to hand over the entire government to the Dems for 4 years. Because that's what would happen in the next election.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong. So propose SPECIFICALLY what you would do. Otherwise I write you off as another blowhard. I'm listening. Maybe you have the magic bullet. But posting vague "They ain't doin' it right, so they must be traitors" types of posts says nothing for your position. (And yes, I know you didn't use those specific words, but that's clearly the tone of your posts on this thread).
So that's it? We are just supposed to go along with whatever the democrats pass because it will be to painful to undo?
Last time I saw, the American people voted a majority of Republicans into office in a historic election just a few months ago. What was the first thing the new group did? Voted to fund amnesty and the unaffordable care act. On top of that they voted Boehner back in as leader.
Never said I had all the answers, however I am pretty quick study on who I can trust and who I cannot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top