JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why Not?

Stop-drunk-driving.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Gun Control:
My cat keeps getting bitten by the neighborhoods feral dogs...

"I think I'll de-fang and de-claw my Cat, that'll teach those dogs"

I can tell that you are not an NRA member. We need a stronger membership to help choke weak politicians. What is the first thing a new candidate says? I'm gonna fight the NRA. Well what are you doing to help the NRA? Talk on the computer is cheap. At least write or call your congressmen or representatives. At the very least join GOA. They are there for you also.

I'm a lifetime member of the NRA and have donated thousands of dollars to them over the last 30 or so years. They have some excellent and effective programs. Unfortunately, the ILA isn't one that I would categorize as being effective.

I can tell that you are not an NRA member. We need a stronger membership to help choke weak politicians. What is the first thing a new candidate says? I'm gonna fight the NRA. Well what are you doing to help the NRA? Talk on the computer is cheap. At least write or call your congressmen or representatives. At the very least join GOA. They are there for you also.
I'll add the 2nd Amendment Foundation to your list...

All we need to know about NRA "effectiveness" is I-594 and I-1639.
And yes, I am not a member.
In 2015 they have spent approx $5.1M on their last chairman's (or wharever they called LaPierre) annual salary and retirement bonus and this is more than they have spent on lobbists the same year.

Last Edited:
So reading the updated bill, I predict this will pass. Yea, I know it's not what people want to hear, but what are some logical arguments against it? Not on principle, but on specifics? Before you flame me, I'm actually asking. For example, I never got the "don't criminalize self defense" argument against 1639.

Ohh yea, should have added I meant this only on 1068. I think 1225 has huge due process holes in it and 1739 tries to define technical specs which can change so much that the law would be useless and thus unenforceable.

Last Edited:
I believe in GOA, and the NRA and support both. I have not only put my money where my mouth is, but also continue to make my voice heard in DC and Olympia. The NRA had a lot to do with 1639 stopped until a judge allowed it continue to the ballot. The rumor is that the NRA has to wait for a prosecution with regards to 1639 and will file a suit then. I at least feel I am active in the fight for gun ownership and our 2nd Amendment freedom. We The People need more help in this matter. Not just talking about it, but doing something about it. I'm glad I do not have to live life over again. There are too many "snow flakes" out there.

I believe in GOA, and the NRA and support both. I have not only put my money where my mouth is, but also continue to make my voice heard in DC and Olympia. The NRA had a lot to do with 1639 stopped until a judge allowed it continue to the ballot. The rumor is that the NRA has to wait for a prosecution with regards to 1639 and will file a suit then. I at least feel I am active in the fight for gun ownership and our 2nd Amendment freedom. We The People need more help in this matter. Not just talking about it, but doing something about it. I'm glad I do not have to live life over again. There are too many "snow flakes" out there.
What exactly NRA did to stop I-594 and I-1639? Sold you a bumper sticker?
You want to know what NRA stands for?
No Real Action

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR