JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Do the reinforced trigger and hammer pin bosses require longer pins, or will milspec bits work?
(ETA: just read a little closer... you addressed that and I missed it).
Will the magnesium take-on standard powder coating or is there a different process?

I've been thinking about swapping out one of my forged lowers for a billet piece... magnesium strikes a coolness factor I wasn't expecting.

Weird coincidence that you're in Newberg, OR and these were made in Newburgh, IN.

I have never seen magnesium used in a firearm. I'm interested as to what the benefits are. Clearly there is a weight savings. But what are the other benefits? I guess if you're stuck in a long term survival situation you could always shave off bits of your rifle to use as a fire starter...?

Yes

IMG_20200803_181853.jpg IMG_20200803_181755.jpg

Love it! I have one of these lowers on a 300blk pistol and Ive got that little sucker down to just over 5 lbs with an eotech mounted on it! I wasnt sure i would ever see another one lol

FWIW - most aluminum forgings have magnesium as an alloy in them. I doubt this is pure magnesium, it is probably an alloy with some other metal, possibly aluminum. Per volume, magnesium is lighter and stronger, but almost all forgings would be an alloy.

As for coatings, Mg can be anodized, and it can be coated - generally Mg is anodized and then if you want more, it can be coated.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.