JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So a rifle which uses an electric motor to operate the bolt is by definition, NOT a semi-auto rifle. One could imagine isolating the hammer from the rest of the guts of a rifle so that when it strikes the area around the firing pin, it closes a circuit which a microprocessor can sense on one of its pins, starts a timer which after an appropriate delay puts an electro-mechanical operating system in motion ejecting the spent cartridge and loading another. The power source to operate such a device could be built into each magazine, or in some part of the stock in such a manner that it is easily swapped. Because none of the energy of the firing cartridge goes into operating the action, it would not be a semi-auto rifle.

Even better. Use the blowback pressure to load a spring that powers the extractor, the release of which is electronically controlled or valve controlled. It doesn't take a heck of a lot of energy to power that type of system. I'm wondering if a copper round flying down the metal barrel could be used to generate the limited electricity needed to open the system, allowing the charged spring to release and eject the round and chamber another. I don't own an AR but damn if I don't want to play with this idea now...

Even better. Use the blowback pressure to load a spring that powers the extractor, the release of which is electronically controlled or valve controlled. It doesn't take a heck of a lot of energy to power that type of system. I'm wondering if a copper round flying down the metal barrel could be used to generate the limited electricity needed to open the system, allowing the charged spring to release and eject the round and chamber another. I don't own an AR but damn if I don't want to play with this idea now...

Interesting ideas, but I think you have to fully disconnect the mechanism from the explosion.

(25) "Semiautomatic assault rifle" means any rifle which utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and which requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.

I think if you use any portion of the energy, it's going to fall into the definition. For example, one could use an inertial sensor to trigger an electromechanical action -- but what will trigger the sensor is the recoil, or part of the energy of a firing cartridge. Another possibility would be a heat or light sensor near the end of the barrel, or a sound sensor within the action -- I think those would have the same issue because they would be using some of the energy as sensor input (*). That's why I was focusing more on the action of the hammer itself and a timer circuit. The hammer is not part of the energy of a firing cartridge IF the hammer is not cocked by the energy of the firing cartridge, and the timer circuit would not be activated by the explosion, but rather, by the hammer closing a circuit that starts the timer which then activates an electromechanical cycling of the action. None of those actions rely on any part of the firing cartridge's energy. A hang fire would suck though -- not sure how to deal with that.

(*) Maybe -- reading further past the underlined part of the definition, the sensors wouldn't be using the energy to extract and chamber -- they would be using the energy to trigger a separate energy reservoir to extract and chamber. I'm not sure if that is enough of a distinction, but it is one.

true, but im just tired of it all.

year after year

talks of/bills/laws of Mag bans = tons of AR mags etc bought
talks of/bills/laws of Gun bans = tons of guns to buy/parts etc
talks of/bills/laws of ammo restrictions = buy bulk before its gone and half the times ammos gone from stores.

The competition between grabbers and people with deeper pockets than myself also add to the drain, if its not an anti its some person whose eager to empty the wallet or has a life time savings where buying 5k at a time barely makes a dent. Can't go both ways famalam.

I am just simply tired of falling into a trend where 1 word fear warrants panic purchases. I dunno I just see it as pointless to be hoarding tons of supplies personally. Yes I like a nice stash and supply but no way in hell am I going to continue filling up space and emptying the wallet trying to play keep up an endless supply of grabbers. Not giving up either I am just tired is all.

Don't see a point in having enough mags to supply a battalion if I am just one person whose not greedy looking to sell them after bans go thru for outrageous amounts of money, nor do I see a point in having just an AR and 300+ mags (have at it the rest of you) taking up storage space and muh secret drop locations. Same for ammo, I keep enough to use and just enough to never run dry either. Having tens of thousands I see no point in personally what am I going to do with it all other than get bored and mag dump into a dirt berm?.

Personally would just like it if they eased up and just went back to trying to corn hole the system vs the people tbh.

Like they say, Democrat politicians are the best gun salesmen/women. If they really wanted to slow down sales and the numbers in society they should just drop the gun control BS and maybe ARs will eventually just go out of style.......Not really!... but it'd be cool if they tried that anyways :D

It actually makes perfect sense... many of the major gun companies are in large part owned by hedge funds owned by guess who? Liberal Democrats. Every time they stir up a panic they just put more money into their own pockets... it's a No Lose Situation.

It actually makes perfect sense... many of the major gun companies are in large part owned by hedge funds owned by guess who? Liberal Democrats. Every time they stir up a panic they just put more money into their own pockets... it's a No Lose Situation.

So thats how the DNC has remained active though what was it a year or two ago claimed to only have $400k for the budget.

Crafty bstrds. Wanna end their charade? stop purchasing funs and fun accessories.......Clever girl.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top