JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes I know. But they know it takes money to get an attorney to fight it. A law stands until it's tested in an appeals court. It's an old trick of enforcing a law till someone fights it. Corrupt as that is. It's no secret that Republicans and democrats are involved in a cold war in the courts.

Why not 3D print them?
A good printer can be had for under $250 and the software is open source and free, so.......
There are already files you can download and print your own pretty easy! Takes about 2 hours or so for each print, but it's a set it and forget it kind of deal!

Too easy. ;-)

Plus, if you could print a mag on card stock with simple instructions on how to turn it into a useable device, you could make [pickHoliday] cards. I'm just feeling bitter I guess -- the idea that a box is some kind of high technology, and that passing a law will prevent criminals from using a box, is some kind of stupid so dumb it makes me want to spit.

Because his decision was overturned by another judge...

Not yet. It is currently on appeal in the 9th Circuit. Whoever loses there will appeal to the Supreme Court. The issue is not finally decided, but it is not dead by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, we have won round one. Only two more to go, but only the last one matters really.

Not yet. It is currently on appeal in the 9th Circuit. Whoever loses there will appeal to the Supreme Court. The issue is not finally decided, but it is not dead by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, we have won round one. Only two more to go, but only the last one matters really.

That was the last word I heard of it so there's that.

No, it wasn't overturned
Judge Benitez put a hold on his decision after freedom week because he can control the narrative and his decision to put his own stay pre-empted any appeals and allowed California gun owners to keep their magazines at least as long as the trial is under way.
Judge Benitez is one of the good guys. He has done more for Second Amendment rights than anyone since the McDonald decision If his decision holds it will cover at least the 9th Circuit's jurisdiction and hopefully be the precedent for the entire nation.

Thanks for the update.
I stand corrected, had not kept up o Kalifornia politics since the week ended for the Mag lottery.

Wait for the serialized & dated mags to be required for all manufacturing after some set date.
You mean like in IP60?
(b) Any large-capacity ammunition feeding device manufactured after the effective date of this 2020 Act shall be identified by a stamp indicating the name, city and state of the manufacturer and a stamp reading "RESTRICTED LAW ENFORCEMENT/GOVERNMENT USE ONLY", legibly and conspicuously engraved or cast on the device, or such other identification as the department shall by regulations prescribe to distinguish large-capacity magazines manufactured after the effective date of this 2020 Act.

You mean like in IP60?
b) Any large-capacity ammunition feeding device manufactured after the effective date of this 2020 Act shall be identified by a stamp indicating the name, city and state of the manufacturer and a stamp reading "RESTRICTED LAW ENFORCEMENT/GOVERNMENT USE ONLY", legibly and conspicuously engraved or cast on the device, or such other identification as the department shall by regulations prescribe to distinguish large-capacity magazines manufactured after the effective date of this 2020 Act.
Well, I guess that the absence of that data would be my provenance that I owned my magazine prior to the deadline;)

The new ghost bill funds the magazine buy-back by eliminating the sale tax preference on gold/silver bullion and bullion coins. Which the Dems. have been trying to repeal previously but the coin dealer lobby (who knew) successfully fought it off. I wonder if the coin dealers even know the ghost bill is under way?

So the magazine ban will cause the imposition of sales tax on bullion and coins. Adds another approx. 10% onto the purchase. I see out of state purchases taking over here.

Those rat bastard dems
They knew their law was bullbubblegum so this is how they'll do their end around.
This is BAD
From my state senator regarding 2947
Emphasis is mine.

"I know you heard from me earlier today, but I wanted to follow up to give you more information as HB 2947 had progressed throughout the day.

When HB 2947 was originally posted, it initially appeared to be a title only bill. After it ultimately posted in full, we discovered that the entire title of the bill basically sums up the totality of the bill - an unprecedented 46 lines long - making it next to impossible to amend; same tool (bill title) different game. (I don't know which is worse; title only or title abuse! Neither is good!)

This tactic limits the ability of the minority to make any changes to bills that they feel are necessary. Good legislation encourages all legislators to be a participant in the making of our laws. This does the opposite and is not the way our government should be run. We need more transparency and participation, not less!

Thank you for staying so vigilant in the fight for our rights!

Most sincerely,

Senator Lynda Wilson

17th Legislative District"

The new ghost bill funds the magazine buy-back by eliminating the sale tax preference on gold/silver bullion and bullion coins. Which the Dems. have been trying to repeal previously but the coin dealer lobby (who knew) successfully fought it off. I wonder if the coin dealers even know the ghost bill is under way?

So the magazine ban will cause the imposition of sales tax on bullion and coins. Adds another approx. 10% onto the purchase. I see out of state purchases taking over here.

Correct me if I'm wrong -- it has been my impression that those most interested in physical metals tend to lean right. The Democrats seem to be interested in legislation as cultural punishment: gun laws that only harass those knuckledraggers who own guns but do nothing for safety and now, if my impression is correct, [insertInsultICantThinkOf] metal buyers.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top