JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can't find everything in my house, how are they:rolleyes:

Oh, yea... they won't be going door to door and I'm not going to take 100 mags to the range with me so I don't see an issue either way other then it's a shiesty move that will just create more red tape.

Back when weed was totally illegal it seemed that people still got ahold of it somehow.

These politicians are morons.
AMEN!

I can't find everything in my house, how are they:rolleyes:
Maybe they'll just blow up the house looking for those evil "high capacity" magazines, all in the name of public safety:
An armed shoplifting suspect in Colorado barricaded himself in a stranger's suburban Denver home in June 2015. In an attempt to force the suspect out, law enforcement blew up walls with explosives, fired tear gas and drove a military-style armored vehicle through the property's doors.
:
A federal appeals court in Denver ruled this week that the homeowner, who had no connection to the suspect, isn't entitled to be compensated, because the police were acting to preserve the safety of the public.

Maybe they'll just blow up the house looking for those evil "high capacity" magazines, all in the name of public safety:

Lets be honest, the guy had an insurance that covered the damage, but decided to expand and update the home. He then expected the police to pay for the project.

Seems like an unConstitutional Burden shift. The 4th and 5th Amendments grant property rights and due process including a presumption of INNOCENCE until proven guilty, and bar any obligation of testifying against oneself.

So by assuming the mags are illegal and requiring proof they are not shifts the burden.

By analogy, the cops find a dead body and force you to prove you didn't kill the person.:rolleyes::eek:

But let's assume they pass it. All you would presumably have to do is say, "I bought them before the ban." Or someone else (or a hand written receipt) introduced dated or proving the mags were transferred before the ban. That is exonerating evidence, and evidence a fact finder would have to accept.

This is what gets me. Its not up to me to prove I did something wrong. I'd like to see if these types of laws have been challenged yet based on burden of proof.

Come and Gettum! Just like Colorado, this will have no means of support or effect on anything, and sales will continue to happen regardless of any ban! Look at how we do it in Colorado, and look how Komifornication does it! Problem solved!

Yes, I own these mags, I bought them before your ban, We are done here, have a good day!

Lets be honest, the guy had an insurance that covered the damage, but decided to expand and update the home. He then expected the police to pay for the project.

Yup. This story is being used to demonize LE and the REAL story is quietly ignored. Dumb.

As far as mag bans? Another worthless feel good unenforceable law that won't do squat.

Just got word from my State rep...
"Got your message from Saturday morning, word on the street is that they might be running it Wednesday night right before 5:00 as the last bill before cutoff."
MEANING..get off your rear and write the legislators..

Dan

Its_all_legal.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Some people imagine that the Democrat Bolsheviks are simply mis-guided but have good intentions (even though stupid). I believe such a viewpoint doesn't represent reality. I think it is more accurate to say the Democrat Bolsheviks simply don't like gun owners and are intentionally looking for ways to harass them. The implication is that if they get barraged with complaints from citizens, that probably excites them to know that their harassment is being noticed by the intended targets.

A few points of disagreement. This case IMO is a total injustice based on open source information.

Innocent homeowner has police essentially demolish his property because of either poor tactics, bad judgment, etc. Regardless, innocent homeowner loses not only the home, but the USE of the home for years. And then incurred $28,000 in legal bills to sue to recover. The $5000 offered to him was a complete insult.

1. If I pay for insurance, and YOU damage my stuff, why should I be penalized to make my insurance and my insurer cover YOUR negligence? YOU should be responsible, no me and my insurance.

2. Property owner should automatically and without debate or lifting a finger get fair market value check cut to him. If he rebuilds nothing, or a baseball field, or a tiny house, or a McMansion is a totally irrelevant red herring.

Analogy: I DUI and hit and smash/total you in your 2010 Ford F150. Value is $20,000. I will pay you your $20,000 loss, plus any reasonable incidentals (rental car, etc.). It makes no difference if you never buy another vehicle or go buy a sports car or a motorcycle or another identical truck. It's your property that I destroyed thru negligence.

The fact that is case is even a debate or that he lost is just a sign of what is wrong with bloated bureaucratic government.

By contrast, we treat foreigners in their home nations better when we (USA) damage their property. We pay market value on the spot under the foreign claims act.

Some people imagine that the Democrat Bolsheviks are simply mis-guided but have good intentions (even though stupid). I believe such a viewpoint doesn't represent reality. I think it is more accurate to say the Democrat Bolsheviks simply don't like gun owners and are intentionally looking for ways to harass them. The implication is that if they get barraged with complaints from citizens, that probably excites them to know that their harassment is being noticed by the intended targets.

I believe it's a more purposeful nefarious design with a three pronged attack in which they believe they win either way.

1. They pass gun and mag bans and the people comply. Reduction of resistance.
2. Those that don't want to comply ultimately are forced under ground or leave. Those that stay, will at some point get caught and resist and get killed or comply and become felons. Those that left are no longer a problem and unable to be resistance. In any event, this all reduces resistance.
3. Force a civil war they believe they can quickly and violently suppress, and then use the media to manipulate coverage to show "those crazy gun owners are acting up again, time to ban XYZ for the children." This loops back to more need for more gun control.

And of course since we know incremental gun control is meaningless for public safety, there's always a cry for more gun control. They fail to acknowledge their failed policies aren't working but want more failed policies...

A few points of disagreement. This case IMO is a total injustice based on open source information.

Innocent homeowner has police essentially demolish his property because of either poor tactics, bad judgment, etc. Regardless, innocent homeowner loses not only the home, but the USE of the home for years. And then incurred $28,000 in legal bills to sue to recover. The $5000 offered to him was a complete insult.

1. If I pay for insurance, and YOU damage my stuff, why should I be penalized to make my insurance and my insurer cover YOUR negligence? YOU should be responsible, no me and my insurance.

2. Property owner should automatically and without debate or lifting a finger get fair market value check cut to him. If he rebuilds nothing, or a baseball field, or a tiny house, or a McMansion is a totally irrelevant red herring.

Analogy: I DUI and hit and smash/total you in your 2010 Ford F150. Value is $20,000. I will pay you your $20,000 loss, plus any reasonable incidentals (rental car, etc.). It makes no difference if you never buy another vehicle or go buy a sports car or a motorcycle or another identical truck. It's your property that I destroyed thru negligence.

The fact that is case is even a debate or that he lost is just a sign of what is wrong with bloated bureaucratic government.

By contrast, we treat foreigners in their home nations better when we (USA) damage their property. We pay market value on the spot under the foreign claims act.

Where was there negligence? Guy shooting at the cops, cops shoot back. Use special weapons and tactics to avoid any friendly losses (or bad guy casualties). Sounds like a win to me.

Your scenario with the DUI makes more sense if you stole the truck and got PIT maneuvered. The cop who PITs the vehicle doesn't buy the owner a new one. The bad guy gets ordered restitution to pay for it.

Last Edited:

And if LE didn't respond with enough force and the bad guy shot the whole neighborhood up people would be screaming that the cops didn't do their jobs and sue the hell out of the department and everyone else.

The homeowner got his deductible paid for by the city and CHOSE to make expensive upgrades.

I don't understand... if they truly believe in the power of laws, then nobody will have illegal magazines anymore. They will no longer exist so why should you have to prove anything?

I don't keep every reciept from every $10 purchase I've ever made. Not many people do.
The power of laws to them is hoping for one more mass shooting so they can tighten up the shackles just a little more. It would scare them to death to think of no more mass shootings or crime...then society would understand why we don't need control freak politicians

And if LE didn't respond with enough force and the bad guy shot the whole neighborhood up people would be screaming that the cops didn't do their jobs and sue the hell out of the department and everyone else.

The homeowner got his deductible paid for by the city and CHOSE to make expensive upgrades.
Besides, when it comes to damages incurred by a crime, the court can order restitution. The BAD GUY pays.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top