JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Came to Oregon in 1970. Watched the state I loved turn into what it is now. The Left Reich has all but destroyed it. Gotta say... Oregon was the first Abortion Destination Resort. What a claim to fame, Oregon. I was pretty worried about our Republican State congress people when Gov. Kate ordered State Po to find 'em, bring 'em back by any means necessary and cuff 'em to their desks. We are mostly moved but spouse can't retire quite yet so I come back and forth from one more state over.

View attachment 627555 View attachment 627556 View attachment 627557
Great photo of the Nevada City State Park in Montana. They never stop moving in more of the old buildings to preserve them here. It's not the dump like it was in the 70's. Definitely should be on everyone's bucket list!

That really IS Nevada City. Minutes away from Virginia City which is our county seat. Minutes away from Ennis.

I wouldnt rest easy in Montana either.

Really have a thing for Dem governors there for some reason.
Bullock has delusions of higher office, or did anyway, not sure if hes still in the race...

Either way, hes pro immigration & backs magazine and 'assault weapon' bans... and really loved the Paris climate accord...

Your state legislature is the only thing keeping him in line... How long until more real-estate rich west coast lefties try to ruin things?

Stay sharp over there

That really IS Nevada City. Minutes away from Virginia City which is our county seat. Minutes away from Ennis.
Several movies (Missouri Breaks, Little Big Man) have used it in the past. I like the two story 'out house' in back of the hotel. Not sure if I have ever seen another like it. The wagons they have on display are very unique and even the ones build in Canyon City, OR don't have the same level of craftsmanship.

Here is a good place to start for more info: Nevada City

Last Edited:

Bullock has delusions of higher office, or did anyway, not sure if hes still in the race...

Either way, hes pro immigration & backs magazine and 'assault weapon' bans... and really loved the Paris climate accord...

Your state legislature is the only thing keeping him in line... How long until more real-estate rich west coast lefties try to ruin things?

Stay sharp over there
Well taken and long ago so noted. There are still sufficient subtle and some not so subtle differences that make it livable. I am too old to fight the storm that may erupt in Oregon.

IMG_1277.JPG

Coming from the Seattle area, Boise is bubbleguming el Dorado... Give the guy a break

Its probably what people who fled east Berlin felt.:D

But yea, Boise is quickly turning into Portland.
I was there a few months ago and while there werent homeless camps and junkies wandering the streets... I definitely saw a lot of (what I assumed) lefty voters.

Definitely an uppity Portland vibe in downtown Boise.

Its not a place for conservatives to go and relax... Its a place to go and fight to keep it a decent place.

If you move there, be active... School board and city council meetings, etc.

Boise is Portland 20yrs ago. If left alone, it will become just as unliveable.

To the OP, Im glad youve made it, now go fight to keep it a nice place. Resist everything, dont give an inch. Youve come from the lions den, you know how they operate
Um Boise isn't Boise 20 years ago. Yes it's a city. But that statement is grossly out of touch. With that said, the north end of Boise is pretty liberal. But nothing like Portland 20 years ago. Now sun valley is special. In a wanker kind of way.

I am looking at escaping to Fruitland, Idaho in about 10 years since I figure the Dems will make even rural Oregon unlivable by then.

Fruitland is a nice area. When were still thinking of heading to Idaho, that was certainly on the list. (We've since shifted plans to the southwest.)

Good luck with your search. It is a pity so many are having to bail from this once great state.

I've deleted 6 paragraphs in this post of mine because it violated rules 1 and 3 - I am spectacularly opposed to the base idea of this thread.

I could go on, but you get my feelings on the subject. If I continue I'll get banned, and I like it here a lot.

Last Edited:
I second this (or third it!)!

When, where and how many of us?!
I'm in, too busy to organize it but would be happy to help where I can.

I can't say exactly how many would be interested, a handful would be my guess. No more than 8 real active members that I can think of. A couple of which I have been wanting to meet since their move.

I've deleted 6 paragraphs in this post of mine because it violated rules 1 and 3 - I am spectacularly opposed to the base idea of this thread.

I could go on, but you get my feelings on the subject. If I continue I'll get banned, and I like it here a lot.

Oh please, do tell!

Stay sharp over there
copy that Already communicating with Gianforte campaign.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top