JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A few days in now. Really, really enjoying this place.

Auto insurance, same policy, is literally 1/2 price. Renters insurance is 1/10th my homeowners insurance. While not apples-to-apples, the insurance agent expressed shock at the extremely low costs which reflect the low crime and low socio-economic problems here.

Gas and groceries noticeably less expensive. Resaurant food seems far less expensive. Taxes 6% here versus 9%+ in Tacoma.

People generally far more friendly. Traffic extremely light by comparison to the Tacoma area. And drivers actually let you in. Haven't seen a single homeless person or camp. Instead I saw a resident out picking up trash along the road with a bucket.

Night and day difference from the Tacoma area...

And of course, Constitutional carry, Castle doctrine, private transfers okay, and no red flag...

If not for that smell, the topography, the fact that the climate exacerbates my migraines, and I'm positive the women there are all mental....
I'd love to move to southern Idaho someday...
I spent some time in the Idaho falls area just after high school... flat, featureless and smelled like burnt arse.. and for some reason I had the worst migraines of my life there.
And the women folk!
2 of my 4 sister in laws are from Idaho..
2 of my 4 sister in laws are bats#*t crazy
The other 2 are just normal crazy.

A few days in now. Really, really enjoying this place.

Auto insurance, same policy, is literally 1/2 price. Renters insurance is 1/10th my homeowners insurance. While not apples-to-apples, the insurance agent expressed shock at the extremely low costs which reflect the low crime and low socio-economic problems here.

Gas and groceries noticeably less expensive. Resaurant food seems far less expensive. Taxes 6% here versus 9%+ in Tacoma.

People generally far more friendly. Traffic extremely light by comparison to the Tacoma area. And drivers actually let you in. Haven't seen a single homeless person or camp. Instead I saw a resident out picking up trash along the road with a bucket.

Night and day difference from the Tacoma area...

And of course, Constitutional carry, Castle doctrine, private transfers okay, and no red flag...

Dude. I'm glad you are digging it. I spent many years there. But it is NOT the oasis where money goes 10x farther than anywhere else that you are describing.

I lived in Nampa once in an area triangulated by a rendering plant, the sugar beet factory, and a new multi acre sewage pond....speaking of agricultural odeurs....:s0073:

I lived in Nampa once in an area triangulated by a rendering plant, the sugar beet factory, and a new multi acre sewage pond....speaking of agricultural odeurs....:s0073:
This must of been a long time ago. That plant is tits up now.
Back in the 50's my dad worked there. He lasted a week. He was in charge of the boiling and stirring. Said it was so nasty he'd dry Heeve hourly.
Now there's a big big place out by the prison now.
The sugar beer factory smells like peanut butter.
Simplot on Simplot blvd smells like McDonald's frys cause they make them there.
Dairy's smell like heaven cause they just do.
The only real bad smell is pig crap sprayed on a local field. That's unchristian it's so bad.
All the above smells better than some loser hippie hitting the bong.

Dude. I'm glad you are digging it. I spent many years there. But it is NOT the oasis where money goes 10x farther than anywhere else that you are describing.
You're exaggerating. I'm telling the truth, and never said "10x farther." So far I've noticed 1/2 price auto insurance for same policy thru same company, and 10% cheaper fuel and nearly everything else, and 4% less sales tax compared to WA. Based just on these figures alone I'll already save many thousands of dollars annually.

If you believe in the myth that Boise is somehow a paradise for freedom lovers forget it! Yeah, it may be temporarily better than la la land but it is changing dramatically everyday. Lots of crime is unreported as is car crashes, the freeway to and from Boise is often a parking lot during rush hour and we are a fully 'diversified' community and more is on the way since we have been officially declared a 'welcoming community' ! My property taxes went up 30% in the last two years with no end in sight. And guns are targeted as shooting areas are being declared off limits or trashed by the 'newbies'. Lots of fences are going up with "No Trespassing" signs. Ten years ago I had deer and elk in my yard and now it is just dog crap on the sidewalk and grass by those 'newbies' who want to live in paradise!

You're exaggerating. I'm telling the truth, and never said "10x farther." So far I've noticed 1/2 price auto insurance for same policy thru same company, and 10% cheaper fuel and nearly everything else, and 4% less sales tax compared to WA. Based just on these figures alone I'll already save many thousands of dollars annually.

Ok. I lived there for years. You've been there, what? A week or two? Again, it's a really nice area. But you're posting like it's some kind of hidden paradise where money has a whole new meaning and the 2A is protected by some giant "Idaho condom". Neither of which are true. You don't need to sell any of us here on why you went. As long as you are happy with your move, that's all that matters. But your "bragging" is exaggerated. Maybe like my "10x" comment.

Ok. I lived there for years. You've been there, what? A week or two? Again, it's a really nice area. But you're posting like it's some kind of hidden paradise where money has a whole new meaning and the 2A is protected by some giant "Idaho condom". Neither of which are true. You don't need to sell any of us here on why you went. As long as you are happy with your move, that's all that matters. But your "bragging" is exaggerated. Maybe like my "10x" comment.

Weird.

Sorry you think facts are 'bragging.' I'm simply happy with my move and expressing it here. Don't be bitter.

My insurance agent thru a major insurance company expressed shock at the extremely low auto and renters insurance rates. These tables are based on crime and accidents in a region. VERY LOW here. Is that an exaggeration? Nope. It's fact. My auto insurance is 50% cheaper here. Same policy went from $1000 annually to $500 annually. Fact. Not an exaggeration. Renters insurance for significant coverage is a measly $11/month. Not apples-to-apples but my homeowners insurance was 10x that amount (it covered a home as well so not a great comparison). Will be saving another $100 on the time/money wasted every few years going to get a concealed weapons permission slip.

Unlike Oregon and Washington, not a daily assault on gun rights. No red flag law here. No threats of magazine bans, style bans, waiting periods, and FFLs for transfers here. No attacks on "ghost guns" and gun parts and such here. No bills threatening "assault weapons" here. Neighbors and co-workers can't strip you of your gun rights with a call to police here. An adult resident can buy a pistol and carry it concealed legally here without government permission. Not going to prison here if someone steals your unsecured gun and commits a crime here. Not going to prison if you lend a gun to a friend here. Not going to prison here if you sell a gun to a buddy here. Not a scramble every day to try to fight dumb laws like 594 and 1639 and others here. That's about 10+ materially different and better FREEDOM things here versus WA/OR. I don't miss the worry every darn political session of 10 more anti-gun bills introduced.

I'm not saying ID is perfect. But so far it's far cheaper and more free than either WA or OR (limited OR experience on costs, but if fuel is any metric ID is 10% cheaper).

Coming from the Seattle area, Boise is bubbleguming el Dorado... Give the guy a break

Its probably what people who fled east Berlin felt.:D

But yea, Boise is quickly turning into Portland.
I was there a few months ago and while there werent homeless camps and junkies wandering the streets... I definitely saw a lot of (what I assumed) lefty voters.

Definitely an uppity Portland vibe in downtown Boise.

Its not a place for conservatives to go and relax... Its a place to go and fight to keep it a decent place.

If you move there, be active... School board and city council meetings, etc.

Boise is Portland 20yrs ago. If left alone, it will become just as unliveable.

To the OP, Im glad youve made it, now go fight to keep it a nice place. Resist everything, dont give an inch. Youve come from the lions den, you know how they operate

Coming from the Seattle area, Boise is bubbleguming el Dorado... Give the guy a break

Its probably what people who fled east Berlin felt.:D

But yea, Boise is quickly turning into Portland.
I was there a few months ago and while there werent homeless camps and junkies wandering the streets... I definitely saw a lot of (what I assumed) lefty voters.

Definitely an uppity Portland vibe in downtown Boise.

Its not a place for conservatives to go and relax... Its a place to go and fight to keep it a decent place.

If you move there, be active... School board and city council meetings, etc.

Boise is Portland 20yrs ago. If left alone, it will become just as unliveable.

To the OP, Im glad youve made it, now go fight to keep it a nice place. Resist everything, dont give an inch. Youve come from the lions den, you know how they operate

Yes, I think that's a fair assessment. And I agree in that my vote was useless in the lions den but will be much more useful keeping this place from turning blue. I do plan to be active. Thanks for the encouragement.

Weird.

Sorry you think facts are 'bragging.' I'm simply happy with my move and expressing it here. Don't be bitter.

My insurance agent thru a major insurance company expressed shock at the extremely low auto and renters insurance rates. These tables are based on crime and accidents in a region. VERY LOW here. Is that an exaggeration? Nope. It's fact. My auto insurance is 50% cheaper here. Same policy went from $1000 annually to $500 annually. Fact. Not an exaggeration. Renters insurance for significant coverage is a measly $11/month. Not apples-to-apples but my homeowners insurance was 10x that amount (it covered a home as well so not a great comparison). Will be saving another $100 on the time/money wasted every few years going to get a concealed weapons permission slip.

Unlike Oregon and Washington, not a daily assault on gun rights. No red flag law here. No threats of magazine bans, style bans, waiting periods, and FFLs for transfers here. No attacks on "ghost guns" and gun parts and such here. No bills threatening "assault weapons" here. Neighbors and co-workers can't strip you of your gun rights with a call to police here. An adult resident can buy a pistol and carry it concealed legally here without government permission. Not going to prison here if someone steals your unsecured gun and commits a crime here. Not going to prison if you lend a gun to a friend here. Not going to prison here if you sell a gun to a buddy here. Not a scramble every day to try to fight dumb laws like 594 and 1639 and others here. That's about 10+ materially different and better FREEDOM things here versus WA/OR. I don't miss the worry every darn political session of 10 more anti-gun bills introduced.

I'm not saying ID is perfect. But so far it's far cheaper and more free than either WA or OR (limited OR experience on costs, but if fuel is any metric ID is 10% cheaper).

I'm not bitter. Enjoy.

Let's knock off the generalization Gentlemen.

Forum Rules:
Epithets, labels, and generalizations against another person or group of people, whether they are members here or not. These serve absolutely no purpose other than to divide us, directly opposite to our goal of uniting gun owners. This is especially relevant in regard to political labels (such as 'the liberal media', 'those right-wingers', and even 'left/right'). Pro-gun and anti-gun are the only labels that should be applied here, as we are a single issue community. This rule also applies to but is not limited to epithets, labels, and generalizations pertaining to race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, ethnicity, nationality, occupation (such as law enforcement), and every other one you can think of. Disagreement over what constitutes a religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, etcetera is not a legitimate excuse.

The Boise norm!

DSCN0372.JPG

Came to Oregon in 1970. Watched the state I loved turn into what it is now. The Left Reich has all but destroyed it. Gotta say... Oregon was the first Abortion Destination Resort. What a claim to fame, Oregon. I was pretty worried about our Republican State congress people when Gov. Kate ordered State Po to find 'em, bring 'em back by any means necessary and cuff 'em to their desks. We are mostly moved but spouse can't retire quite yet so I come back and forth from one more state over.

IMG_1081.JPG IMG_1105.JPG IMG_1485.JPG

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top