JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Quick updat. On my phone so not going to peck away much.

Partial paid move, partial rental truck. White knuckled driving over several passes. I counted at least 5 hard climbs. 14 hours to go 500 miles. Exhausted. But made it safely.

Lots of adventure. Liking the new home base city.

Thanks for all the wise counsel. The rental and route was good advice.

Congrats. Must be nice to leave all the left-coast BS behind you and breathe the air of a free state as a resident. I'm jealous. Hope to one day be able to do the same.

Congrats. Must be nice to leave all the left-coast BS behind you and breathe the air of a free state as a resident. I'm jealous. Hope to one day be able to do the same.

Left Washington County about 4 months ago. Lived there south of Forest Grove for 55 years. Still have 2 kids and 4 grand kids there. It was tough leaving that aspect of it, but I have had no close calls in traffic, nobody has attempted to steal anything from me, and I do not miss the traffic and scumbags.

No mortgage, minimal yard work, no real visible neighbors. A great place to live out my life.

IMG_0763.jpg

Now go have lunch at Idaho Pizza!

Wait....so you did use movers after all? I guess you getting all excited in your other thread was for naught eh? :D

Glad you made it. :)

Last Edited:
Very glad to hear you made it okay. Also glad that some of the information provided here was of use. I'm too old now to make such a move, though I'd like to. Too dug in, adult children live nearby. Besides, my wife says I'm not allowed. But if she croaks first, my kids just may find that I've vanished from the area!

BOISE!!!

Lived there while in school. Hunted cottontail for dinner and coyote for cash (you could sell pelts then and the state paid a bounty too) and had a generally great time. I'd love to go back someday to stay, or a bit farther north like the McCall area.

Enjoy a great state and a great city!

Im working on the same move, maybe in the next year or so. Hopefully housing prices stay flat :cool:

Last time I was in downtown Boise it was very 50 shades of Portland.... I felt very uneasy... Ada County was pretty pink in 2016, I suspect it'll be very blue in '20..... too many Californians, etc moving into the area.

Nevertheless, God willing, Ill be headed that way by 2021

Im working on the same move, maybe in the next year or so. Hopefully housing prices stay flat :cool:

Last time I was in downtown Boise it was very 50 shades of Portland.... I felt very uneasy... Ada County was pretty pink in 2016, I suspect it'll be very blue in '20..... too many Californians, etc moving into the area.

Nevertheless, God willing, Ill be headed that way by 2021

My stepdaughter lives in Nampa and works in Boise.... it is definitely changing.

Flat housing prices... oh yeah, sure! LOL; Calis sell a dump for $800,000 and buy a brand new home in Boise for $250,000... next year it'll be $300,000; and so on. It all works out as long as the place you are living is escalating at the same rate. I've been on the wrong side of that before...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top