JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That new Kifaru 'Outside the Wire' bag looks good for a small bag. $198 isn't too rich.

<broken link removed>

YouTube - Kifaru's Outside The Wire Bag at SHOT Show 2010

According to the Kifaru forum they are planning a more subtle model for civilians.

otw_main.jpg

otw_main2.jpg

I like my Camelbak Motherlode. Some of their other bags are very nice as well. The Talon is nice, but isn't overly large if you like a smaller bag. The company is still headquartered in California, but I'm not sure if they're still made in the U.S.A., but I think they were at one time and may still be...

And as nice as Kifaru stuff is, the Camelbak is more affordable. My Motherlode is five years old and has spent three seasons fishing in Alaska, as well as lots of hunts, and is holding up nicely...

I'm starting to wish it was a requirement for online retailers to say where products are manufactured. You can see where its made if you're buying it in person. Looking at products across a variety of retailers and some manufacturers few indicated where items were made. I felt lucky to even see the word imported.

Thanks. Are they made in the USA?

Although they have plants in the US, I think the SDS manufactured milsurp on that link is primarily made outside the US. Their parent company BAE is British.

The website for Downeast Inc frames doesn't say where they are made.

I'm starting to wish it was a requirement for online retailers to say where products are manufactured. You can see where its made if you're buying it in person. Looking at products across a variety of retailers and some manufacturers few indicated where items were made. I felt lucky to even see the word imported.

Same here..While I do enjoy bargains, I am very conscious about attempting to buy USA made products (Not just US Based companies) in order to support our economy. I do stray (Omega watch, H&K USP,

It is hard to do but I think worth the attempt. Heck, I found a bag of organic edemame at the grocery store that was Made in China? Enough of my rambling...I could go on for quite a while on this subject.

Thanks.

If you want made in America and a lifetime warranty then go with Red OXX Mfg in Billings Montana. They are top notch. I had a bag from them that I got second hand which had a few holes in it. I called them to ask what would be the best way to sew up the holes and they asked me to send the bag to them and they would sew it up for me, after a few days a package shows up on my door not with my old bag repaired but with a brand new bag in the box! Now that's customer service! :s0155: Only other company I know with customer service like that is Leupold. Gary

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top