JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've heard the all metal Singer 99K series from the 50s or earlier eras, are great when paired with either hand cranks or treadle cabinets for working light leather and shoes....they are popular here with the quilters and those who do light leather work... I do have one, whose motor's connections are gone...but I haven't found an affordable treadle cabinet with working treadle AT ALL...lots of those with machines already attached... paid $15 at a Value Village on a 50% OFF tag :D
FOr my Christmas gifts, among other things, I got a Condor battle belt pad (pad only), and a MOLLE Waistpack....I honestly believe Amazon overestimated the waistpack's size....because I can't fit my Kelty topquilt in it, while I can fit it in the green stuff sack which is only bigger by two inches girth :< HOWEVER, it ain't a lost cause, I decided to see what could fit in it, and the answer is...75% of what was in the main pack's main compartment. Or two shirts, fleece pull over, nylon rain coat, one pair of socks, one pair of underwear. The only things left in the main pack, one pair of pants, one pair of underwear, and the other two pair of socks....I am able to cram the topquilt into the main pack...so after I do some mods to the waist pack's top part, simply the addition of MOLLE webbing so I can weave the straps for the main pack through to hold it up to the pack...I think I can ditch the ALICE frame, and run with it as is. Nice thing about the belt pad, I can add MOLLE gear to it if I want to :)

Nice work! I just started tinkering myself. 1000D/500D using 69 bonded nylon thread. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419550611.137565.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419550626.451630.jpg

Got my MOLLE Waistpack and Belt pad loaded up, rearranged some stuff...will be adding MOLLE webbing to the top of the Waist Pack so that I can interface it with the Daypack/Get Home Bag; oh and will replace the narrow mouth cap of the Nalgene bottle.... I might get a Coyote H harness and see how well the combo attaches to it...but I'll do the MOLLE webbing mod first, so that as much of the load can be supported by the waist pack belt.

set up with the waist pack and belt pad. the belt is simply a pad over the waist pack's stock belt. Moved the Medic pouch to as close to center as possible (it takes 3 MOLLE slots), then put the knife off to the wider side, then moved the food pouches down to the sides. tarp is now in the horizontal pouch along with stakes and guy lines, and the sharpening tools for the knife. Main pack compartment now only has fleece pullover and modded Kelty top quilt (used to be a sleeping bag), since the Waist Pack carries all of my clothes and the rain jacket is now mounted to the outside via the compression straps. This lightens up the main pack a LOT...though there is still quite a bit of weight due to the two pouches full of food.

Narrow mouth Nalgene, 1L/32oz in DCU MOLLE pouch

shot of the Nalgene setup; there is an IKEA kitchen caddy in there that will become a hobo stove after I cut out a window so I can feed twigs in there.
I have room enough for a GSI stainless cup or the Wal-Mart Ozarks Trails copy, and possibly enough room to fit a small cook pot in there, if I can find one cheap enough.

With Nalgene bottle removed, showing how snugly the IKEA kitchen caddy fits in there. Some canteen covers will NOT hold it, or are TOO tight....best bet around it would be to get a brand new "dump pouch/canteen pouch" or Utility/canteen pouch. Maxpedition does make a 12x5 bottle holder pouch but it might be too tight of a fit.

255697_2012606762080_1451122566_2180295_2169168_n.jpg
Not my pic, but an example of one in use. By the way, I found the kitchen caddy in a Goodwill store...but one might be able to find similar things at the Flea markets or other thrift stores..

DSCN2211_zpsada131db.jpg DSCN2212_zps5bd8b278.jpg DSCN2213_zps5a387c13.jpg DSCN2214_zps5370b84d.jpg

Redid the pouch set up on my GHB.
Also went back to USGI LC2 ALICE straps to hold it all up..
the MOLLE Sustainment pouch holds my Kelty summer quilt and fleece liner, while main compartment holds my clothes including rain jacket, and some small items.
Top two sides holds FAK and misc small items
Bottom 2 side pouches holds food
Waistpack on bottom holds my 9x7 tan tarp, USGI bivy sack, 4 USGI pup tent poles, 8 stakes, 2 tarp clips and 4 guy lines for a variety of set ups... and then there's the water bottles and canteen cup in the MOLLE carriers on the waist belt.

Speaking of shelter set ups....

9x7 tarp folded in half, and supported on one side by 1 pole, with rear panel pulled out to other pole and guy lines. Bivy sack on top of CCF pad and with sleep system inside it.

Back view showing how the panel pull works. It's basically a tarp clip.

quarter view, and yes that's the parents' dog in the background. This is a LOW profile shelter.
I might replace by getting a 10x7 or 10x10 woodland tarp from Bushcraft USA Outfitters... not sure yet.

DSCN2290_zps11d13ba1.jpg DSCN2287_zps14ba6e45.jpg DSCN2289_zps0b74e593.jpg DSCN2285_zpsdfbbe8dc.jpg

No disrespect; the OP is fantastic
I hate to hijack a thread but this Good OL' Boy has some very good McGuiver's on how to repurpose GI field jackets and other stuff. into packs and bags that fits this thread. Of course you'll have to learn how to accommodate southern culture while watching, but it's worth it I swear!

No disrespect; the OP is fantastic
I hate to hijack a thread but this Good OL' Boy has some very good McGuiver's on how to repurpose GI field jackets and other stuff. into packs and bags that fits this thread. Of course you'll have to learn how to accommodate southern culture while watching, but it's worth it I swear!

This guy is a hoot. He sounds like a good 'ole boy hick until he starts talking about machine work which is his trade.
He doesn't have as much cold as we do up here but he does get a lot of rain practice.

Redid the pack set up; and removed the waist pack and Condor Battle belt and ALICE straps, and decided to combine the pack and my day trip harness kit together, so as to spread weight around and make it simple to organize..

The pack on its own.

side pouch set up, on top is Army Medic Pocket, on bottom is USMC IFAK pouch, the top will hold misc items and small foods, while the bottom will hold main foods, I have same set up on other side.

Attachment strap on the bottom D ring of the pack to the harness Fastex buckle; I added the buckles to the harness today.. strap purpose is mainly to stabilize the pack's bottom. Harness upper supports majority of weight.

detail shot of the upper harness attachment, because it is a M1967 style harness, there are the two metal snap hooks to attach to the upper D rings of the pack.

With harness and pack together; You can see how theres space under the pack and between canteen for ventilation....or a smaller pouch/pack if one desires. Or a rolled up sweater/random object.

Showing the back of the system, you can see the attachments and how its supposed to work together..

Day hike harness set up without pack, simply undo buckles on bottom pack straps and then unclip top pack D-rings while holding the grab handle, then set pack on a branch or log for day camp.

USGI Hatchet carrier mounted behind the MOLLE Sustainment pouch via a single LC clip. the Fuller hatchet is in there, easy to take out if needed.

While it looks like I need to move the M9 holster somewhere, it works here when the harness is worn, because I'm not a block in my cross section... and you can see the 4.5" bladed knife behind one pouch, and a Mini Mag-lite on another pouch.

The load out is so far;
Main Yucca Pack;
Main Compartment-Hammock and Kelty Top quilt, suspension attached.
above top of compartment. USGI CCF pad
side pockets-food.
MOLLE sustainment pouch, clothes for up to 3 or 4 days
hatchet

Harness kit;
2x 1qt canteens (one Nalgene bottle and one Life-Line BPa-free canteen with cup)
fire kit and Esbit stove-one black pocket
Long Ogee tarp-one black pocket
Large hammock bug net (in large green pouch)
tarp lines and stakes-shotgun ammo carrier
First Aid kit-one black pocket
snack foods in final black pocket
compass in black compass pouch
Mini Maglite behind one black pocket
4.5" hunting knife behind another pocket
15 rd mags, one each in USGI M9 mag pockets
Ruger P85 In USGI M9 holster
this is pretty comprehensive...
Anything not listed above would likely be in my cargo pants pockets and the misc little pockets on the Yucca pack.
Yes it is ammo-light but this is not meant for sustained gunfights, I've got other things for that :rolleyes:

Yucca%20Pack%20redone%20hammock%20kit%201_zpsgzosvs4x.jpg Yucca%20Pack%20hammock%20kit%202_zps2umakzjd.jpg Yucca%20pack%20to%20Harness%20lower%20attachment%20detail%201_zpslsqwfk2b.jpg Yucca%20Pack%20lower%20harness%20attachment%20detail%202_zpsj9u9vrgq.jpg Yucca%20Pack%20and%20Harness_zpsgaidv2sp.jpg Yucca%20pack%20harness_zpsqwxpofgh.jpg Harness%20redone%201_zpsubrpgla5.jpg Yucca%20pack%20hatchet%20mount%20detail_zpsmlzw3hbm.jpg Harness%20Right%20panel%20detail_zpsuncsbscb.jpg

pic of knife????
DSCN1741.JPG
It's my go-to fixed blade belt/harness knife, an 60s-70s Imperial of Providence, RI carbon blade (not stainless) hunting knife.. shown with the Colonial larger bowie which gets carried in a bag due to no retention on the sheath, and the Kershaw fillet knife which resides in my fishing box. The other knife I carry, is more a multitool, a Leatherman Wave. That one is an EDC tool though. the Imperial knife..holds a fantastic edge for being an old knife, and is EASY to keep sharp with ceramic V rods
DSCN1743.JPG

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads