Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

made a cheek riser for a crappy savage stock!

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by d2the3, Mar 22, 2013.

1. d2the3

d2the3 Eugene, Oregon Well-Known Member

I had a little time on my hands and some kydex laying around, so I decided to tackle it.....and it turned out a lot better than I had expected. with a little trial and error I got it to look and fit the way I had hoped. less than a dollar in hardware and a scrap of kydex= a problem solved!
    downsized_0322131508_zps1734e1f3.jpg
    downsized_0322131424_zps298c5b73.jpg

2. Tim K

Tim K Colorado Member

Looks good. I did the same thing a few times. I used slots so it was adjustable, but other than that, the same. Can you remove the bolt without removing the cheek piece?

CIMG3386.jpg

3. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

That'll work.

Are they bolted on both sides? I'm wondering if they have any "give" during recoil?

I was thinking about gluing on some sort of rubber, just hard enough to retain it's shape.

4. Tim K

Tim K Colorado Member

Mine are bolted through the stock. There is no give.

One cool aspect of theses is the ability to heat them up and mash them over (to the right for a righty) to get your eye more directly behind the scope. Centering your head better also reduces side forces on the stock leading to better accuracy.

5. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

Thanks

Looks like you can also slope em towards the front Weatherby style.

6. d2the3

d2the3 Eugene, Oregon Well-Known Member

mine has a bolt running all the way through, and its pretty darn solid. was thinking about making it adjustable, but this was easier and I don't really need it to adjust ( I don't care if my gun doesn't fit you!;))