JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
DA won?t charge bike assault thug in SUV beating | New York Post

From the article:
"Cops have gotten photos of hundreds of license plates from bridge and tunnel cameras and are trying to identify more of the bikers, who first swarmed Lien, his wife and child on the West Side Highway in Harlem Sunday about 1:30 p.m. But many of the plates are stolen or belong on different bikes, making it tougher to ID the motorcyclists"

Is this a cluster of good guys on the bikes? Questionable if the highlighted observation is true.

Peter

The only thing the SUV driver did wrong was not stop or slow down and let the bikes go by.
You brake check me in my truck and the 4" exhaust will probably be burning your face. Come try to get me out of the truck and the rest will feel the same as the first.

Brutus,Cage drivers? So you will defend the bikers to the end because you are ,in fact, a biker?
Most crotch rocket riders need a reality check. Most of those guys would act way different if they were alone. But they had their "gang" with them.

They need to remember that a 4000 +++ vehicle trumps a 600+ vehicle every day.

Had they not,first, brake check,then attack the SUV,none of this ,including their buddy almost getting killed,would have happened.

The bikers could have rode off and the Range Rover never could have caught them.

See it from both sides biker boys.

Guaranteed,next time more bikers will parish.

Maybe the sport bikers were looking for trouble and maybe they weren't. There are probably more helmet cams out there. Justice will be sorted out in court. Many posters on this thread automatically take the drivers side. Most bikers only react when a driver cuts them off, but this could be different.
My current motorcycle has 128,000 miles on it. All but the 1st 400 miles put on it by me. My other bikes I have put on over 75,000. I ride virtually every day unless I am off or it is snowing. I also take my riding safety seriously so have take 2 courses So I have pretty much seen it all except for shots exchanged between a biker and a car. I have been bumped, cut off innumerable times, ran into the shoulder, etc.. A few times I have followed the inattentive driver and asked them if they saw me. They usually apologize and I say pay closer attention, and that's that.
I am no little guy pushing 300 at 6 foot 2 and on an 800 lb motorcycle. I ride so much I pay extra special attention to what is going on around me. Many times I have been in a lane with people passing me on the right, then cutting me off with no turn signal or anything. How can you not see me???
The guy who brake checked the SUV was an idiot. The biker who attacked the SUV driver after he drove over his friend...well, the courts will sort that out. Every year thousands of bikers are killed by inattentive drivers and thousands of bikers kill themselves through their own idiocy.
Yeah, a 2000 lb vehicle trumps a 600 lb one. But pay attention to where you are going with that 2000 lb lethal weapon. Use your vehicle as a weapon on offense...expect consequences. Stereotypes are easy.

Brutus Out

More video of the attack. Two bikers already charged. The SUV driver is not charged yet.

The SUV driver called 911 several times during the attack. Remember, police are not obligated to protect you, and in this case they obviously held up to that standard.

"Relatives of the paralyzed biker want everyone to know that he is a victim too" (Sob)

<broken link removed>

Keith

I Just sold this because I'm 44 and healing up slower than I used to. I used part of the proceeds to buy my 686.
IMG_2235_zps19f47229.jpg
I've always avoided riding in metro areas whenever possible. I usually ride alone, occasionally with a friend, and rarely with a group.

Looking at the video confirms my belief that the mob mentality "tough guys" (bikers) provoked and potentially endangered the SUV family.
Surrounded by 30-50 bikers on a stretch of highway having them beat my windows and try to get in while we're stuck sitting there without any help from LEOs.. Yeah Id say if pushed to the brink Id barrel through the mob that was blocking me and trying to get in my car because I was honking to get them to move. It looked like they made a huge road block and were being total D***S the entire time.

I beive he took the proper actions to ensure his family's safety.

Ban biker gangs to a limit of two riders at one time per 700yards of highway.
In the video they act just as all Ive ever seen act.

More video of the attack. Two bikers already charged. The SUV driver is not charged yet.

The SUV driver called 911 several times during the attack. Remember, police are not obligated to protect you, and they obviously held up to that standard in this case.

"Relatives of the paralyzed biker want everyone to know that he is a victim too" (Sob)

<broken link removed>

Keith

AAAWWWW poor thing lost his fight.

This seems fitting,

MjAxMy1hNDRjY2Y4Y2Q5YzQ0Mzhl_51ead1767c870.png

When travelling to NY, remember that they believe you do not need a gun because the police exist. They also believe that the police shouldn't show up at a scene that could be "dangerous". They also don't see the irony in that.

No matter how much I want to go to Cooperstown, I will never enter the state of NY. I'd rather die in a place where the gun on my hip or in my hand didn't automatically make me the villain.

Motorcyclists- great! Motorcycle baddies- die! Each and every one of you! Die slow die now! I hate these losers!
And yes, I rode everyday, everywhere for many years. I was also a scrapper in my youth but never ganged up on anyone, ever! This comes from my extreme hatred of bullies, and motorcycle gangs, organized or not, are the worst of them!
This post was much longer but I deleted a loving rant describing a couple of incidents in my youth that involved unpleasant bikers, ambulances, and broken bones, and...well, I've never broken a bone! Best wishes to the young couple who were attacked! Maybe they will drop being liberals!

I never have a problem with motorcycles on the road. Road a motorcycle exclusively for a few years; couldn't afford a car and insurance. It was nice going to Portland State classes with a soaking wet crotch I tell you.

Sorry, but it is cyclists. Are they all asshats? Horrible chip on their shoulders. I own a decent bike myself but hate riding out in traffic because I know what every driver is thinking - LOL - damn I'd love to run him over and leave his splattered body for the crows! Well, that is what I am thinking when I am in a car. Is that wrong?

These motorcyclists in NYC are really an exception to the way most riders are, even in a group.

Many times local Portland clubs have rides out to the beach, etc, and they are courteous riders and extremely friendly people.

I never have a problem with motorcycles on the road. Road a motorcycle exclusively for a few years; couldn't afford a car and insurance. It was nice going to Portland State classes with a soaking wet crotch I tell you.

Sorry, but it is cyclists. Are they all asshats? Horrible chip on their shoulders. I own a decent bike myself but hate riding out in traffic because I know what every driver is thinking - LOL - damn I'd love to run him over and leave his splattered body for the crows! Well, that is what I am thinking when I am in a car. Is that wrong?

These motorcyclists in NYC are really an exception to the way most riders are, even in a group.

Many times local Portland clubs have rides out to the beach, etc, and they are courteous riders and extremely friendly people.
Man totally agree about the cyclists. I have had more run ins with them than any motorcycles.

The next time we read about a group of 50 car drivers surrounding a motorcycle rider and beating him to a pulp, I'll consider revising my opinion.

Keith

Hmmm...let me fix this for myself: The next time we read about a group of 50 bicyclists surrounding a car driver and beating him to a pulp, I'll consider revising my opinion.

This story is about what a group of thugs on motorcycles actually did, not the attitudes of lone cyclists, chips on their shoulders or no. Imagine the Mad Max villains on 10-speed Schwinns...not quite the same effect.

Keith

HaHa, Burt, when you slip into mid-life crises and get another motorcycle, also get a surplus Navy fire retardant foam sprayers suit! Long as you stand up every 5min to drain the lap puddle no wet crotch! Nice looking too, OD green rubber!

Ah...the bubblegum covers something that makes fire slow down, reduces its ability to spread and can even smother flames!

Just watched a news report on that on TV where they stated "the authorities said he was fully justified driving over the biker while trying to protect his family" .

HaHa, Burt, when you slip into mid-life crises and get another motorcycle, also get a surplus Navy fire retardant foam sprayers suit! Long as you stand up every 5min to drain the lap puddle no wet crotch! Nice looking too, OD green rubber!

Ah...the bubblegum covers something that makes fire slow down, reduces its ability to spread and can even smother flames!

..wrong post

Right on all counts

Hmmm...let me fix this for myself: The next time we read about a group of 50 bicyclists surrounding a car driver and beating him to a pulp, I'll consider revising my opinion.

This story is about what a group of thugs on motorcycles actually did, not the attitudes of lone cyclists, chips on their shoulders or no. Imagine the Mad Max villains on 10-speed Schwinns...not quite the same effect.

Keith

You Sir, Have never been caught up in the group of Bicyclist called the RAGE in Portland in Friday Night rush hour. Where they parade through Red lights block all three lines and go slow. If you honk at them they hit and spit on your car and tell you that you are number one and yes they will block you while they do all of there nasty little things to you. What do you think would happen if you hit one and knocked him down no matter who's fault. And where are the Portland Police when they do this. ( not one in sight anywhere)

You Sir, Have never been caught up in the group of Bicyclist called the RAGE in Portland in Friday Night rush hour. Where they parade through Red lights block all three lines and go slow. If you honk at them they hit and spit on your car and tell you that you are number one and yes they will block you while they do all of there nasty little things to you. What do you think would happen if you hit one and knocked him down no matter who's fault. And where are the Portland Police when they do this. ( not one in sight anywhere)

It would be funny to see them hit or spit on one of my cars. The offender would get to poop a few of his teeth.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top