JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Crazy stuff. Glad no one died because of these hot heads.
If my baby was in the vehicle and we couldt get away and they were trying to smash and slash at us.. There would have been more than a few casualties. Wish there was running video though. Still not enough info all around.
There is running video:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1424312867787016

Check between 20 and 29 seconds into the video. I hope you agree with me that biker was looking for trouble.

Anyone bashing on my window like that for any reason is getting dealt with in a manor I feel appropriate to the preservation of family and self without hesitation! I'd go with a helmet shot first at that range! A hollow point might just get slowed down in the leather jacket. Funny how everyone's a bad azz in a group. Just another reason to carry.

The only thing the SUV driver did wrong was not stop or slow down and let the bikes go by.
You brake check me in my truck and the 4" exhaust will probably be burning your face. Come try to get me out of the truck and the rest will feel the same as the first.

Brutus,Cage drivers? So you will defend the bikers to the end because you are ,in fact, a biker?
Most crotch rocket riders need a reality check. Most of those guys would act way different if they were alone. But they had their "gang" with them.

They need to remember that a 4000 +++ vehicle trumps a 600+ vehicle every day.

Had they not,first, brake check,then attack the SUV,none of this ,including their buddy almost getting killed,would have happened.

The bikers could have rode off and the Range Rover never could have caught them.

See it from both sides biker boys.

Guaranteed,next time more bikers will parish.

Most crotch rocket riders need a reality check. Most of those guys would act way different if they were alone. But they had their "gang" with them.

I've been pro bikers rights for years, and have always looked out for riders when driving. Still these guys are really asking for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I rode occasionally for a few years and am pro-rider. On the other hand, I worked with several guys years back that rode sport bikes and belonged to a sport bike club. I got to know them and some of their club buddies.

Some where nice guys but generally they all were young, macho, know-it-alls with attitudes. I sure as heck wouldn't want to cross them as a group out on the road.

I'd bet dollars to donuts this SUV driver wasn't paying attention and cut off one of the bikers and that precipitated it. It happens all the time because cage drivers are the least attentive people on the road, texting, messing with smart phone, eating, drinking and pretty much oblivious to anything with less than 4 wheels. No gun, no SYG state. Some bikers will go to jail and some will own this guy's house in civil court. Could have all been prevented with some restraint on both sides.

Brutus Out

No, it happens all the time because bikers drive 20 mph over the speed limit and perform unanticipated maneuvers. You CAN'T see an idiot splitting lanes at 70 mph in 35 mph traffic on a freeway. So you change lanes with signals and a clear lane only to be broadsided by some idiot on a crotch rocket.

Helmet shot? Yep, perfect.

When I first heard about this I assumed it was a big pack of Harleys, maybe a gang, etc. Was surprised to see a bunch of crotch rockets and young dumb kids acting out.

I have a friend who suffers from anxiety and panic attacks if put in a situation like that. He would have used the SUV as a lawn mover and killed most of them regardless of the consequences. The bikers were lucky in that regard.

Unless the laws have changed ONLY in CA is it legal and it comes with a whole set of rules. Here is their guidelines, <broken link removed>

Correct - IIRC you can not split over 40 mph and shouldn't exceed traffic speed by more than 10 mph. Oddly enough it is safer to split between 2 vehicles side by side than to pass close to a car when there is an empty space they may change lanes into. Splitting is not for the inexperienced rider by any means. The argument for CA legalizing splitting was (supposedly) from the days of air cooled only bikes when sitting still for long periods of time could overheat a bike - it didn't hurt the cause that CA has bike cops year round in most of the state.

In all honesty I've seen idiots on 2 wheels or more - unfortunately many people tend to be in their own little world and could care less about others on the road around them. To be fair - bikers have a reason to be upset by inattentive drivers - an accident caused by failure to pay attention has a much more devastating to the rider than the car/truck driver. Either way - it's not wise to purposely take on a car from a bike - regardless of how many "buddies" are riding in a group.
The smart move after the guy fled from the scene would have been to get the plate number and call / report the hit and run.

Crazy stuff. Glad no one died because of these hot heads.
If my baby was in the vehicle and we couldt get away and they were trying to smash and slash at us.. There would have been more than a few casualties. Wish there was running video though. Still not enough info all around.
I agree not enough info to place blame either way on the initial interaction. Could have been bike could have been suv we may never know. Its just like some of the info thats been released about some recent shootings where the press or whoever only lets out enough info to spin things the way they want them spun.

Hell, for all we know, the bike thugs got cheezed over the SUV driver traveling too slow in the fast lane.

Keith
I can see how it could happen. If I see dozens of bikers passing me by, some very closely, I instinctively would slow down so they can all be gone as soon as possible, and I can go back to normal driving conditions.

I am one of those who do not like bikers near my vehicle. I once almost rear end one guy a few years ago because he made a full stop unexpectedly. I slammed the breaks and despite ABS the tires did some squealing. I got totally freaked out. I knew if I had hit that guy, I'd probably kill him. To my horror, and with a fresh adrenaline spurt starting to rush my veins, the guy started exhibiting the same kind of behavior observed on the tape. We never physically engaged. I avoided the confrontation (I was CCing, too) and drove off as soon as I could. But it was too darned close. Ever since, I give 'them' bikers wide berth.

A young man out for a drive with his young family or 50 young males on bikes....yep, we certainly know who was looking for trouble here.

In all honesty, when a group of maybe 10 or more bikes overtakes my car and start fanning around me, I start to drive uber careful and make sure my weapon is in easy reach. You can't predict mob mentality. Sorry to you biker guys if it sounds like I am profiling groups of bikers, but there it is. The next time we read about a group of 50 car drivers surrounding a motorcycle rider and beating him to a pulp, I'll consider revising my opinion.

Keith

My understanding is that one of the bikers felt as though he was "cut off" by the SUV. The SUV running over the bikes didn't happen until the bikers decided that they would enforce vigilante justice for perceived "slight". If the SUV ran over the bike haphazardly and took off, that would change things. As it is, if any group of bikers kidnapped my family(that is EXACTLY what they did when they pulled in front of him to prevent him from going forward ON THE FREEWAY!), they would be totally shocked when I ran their ***es over, then pulled over 300 yards ahead and met the rest with a hail of 00 buckshot followed by as many .45 slugs as I could throw.

Except this happened in NY. So I guess I would have just been beaten to whatever degree the gang of thugs decided, since the cops were nowhere to be found(even tough you can guarantee they were called and stayed away because they are scared of arresting anyone that may be a little tougher than they) and I would have no right to have anything more than a 7 round mag and it would be required to be unloaded and locked away 50 feet from my gun. Even though it is the law of the land and in the last 5 years the SCOTUS proved TWICE that the Second guarantees our rights, first that the individual IS allowed firearm ownership outside the militia and second that SELF DEFENSE is the reason for the Second Amendment, NOT hunting. As far as these Liberals think, Obamacare is the law of the land, therefore cannot be altered in any way. The 2A, however, even though it is the law of the land, can be beaten to a pulp and it's supporters called crazy "for the children".

Don't forget, Dred Scott was the "Law of the Land" and upheld by a Supreme Court decision too. According to the Reid/Pelosi/McCain ilk, we should never have changed that either.

Keith

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads