JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone notice the conversions on some of the props used in the new Madmax movie ?
The most noticeable was the SKS, that appears to be a Chinese model based on the size of barrel
and the mechanical parts that can be seen. Also the lack of a port switch make me think it was not a model of Yugo.

What else did you guys notice in the film that was used or converted.

5sks.png

There are photos of Wehrmacht soldiers firing an MG42 with the bbl resting on a man's shoulder, so it's not just close to his face but at a cycle rate of about 20 rds/sec. I bet he is totally deaf.

There were allot of scenes that would have resulted in major injuries, yet they resulted in just a scrape. LOL. Of course pretty sure Mad Max is not based after a true story :s0140::s0140:.
I missed the one handed slide in that watched to twice so far.

It was a very fast scene. He gets the mag from the war boy, racks it on his belt (or shoe maybe) and then puts 3 shots right by her head (the part where she would go deaf) all in like 2 seconds. very well choreographed

uNLMNEh.png

Last Edited:
Both Max and Furiosa would be deaf from the glock scene.

Did anyone notice Max's one handed slide rack in that scene?

Oh yeah!

There's the scene where max is holding what looks to be a 1911 in the back of the rig, with some additional stuff glued onto the left side of the frame/slide. I haven't analyzed in stop motion, just what I saw in normal speed.

On a side note; I'm sure I'm not the only one here with some level of tinnitus, so there is the scene where the glock is fired into the side of the tanker, it makes my left ear ring for about 5 seconds every time I watch it (3 times so far), and the volume is not high. Must be a tone thing.
I normally hate anything that comes out of Hollywood, but this movie is too nuts not to like.

"SING BROTHER HECKLER.........."

I guess I need to add this one to my watch list. I have a hard time watching remakes, especially when I like the original. But it sounds like this one did a good job.

I guess I need to add this one to my watch list. I have a hard time watching remakes, especially when I like the original. But it sounds like this one did a good job.

I think even in Cinematography they did good catching some of the old tones with new.
I would watch it a third time wish I had seen it on big screen though. But I have the DVD now at home.

I think I saw that scoped SKS in the classified WTS/WTT section , "Rare custom SKS only $900 firm $1000 trade value".....................:rolleyes:

I always wondered how the over abundance of full auto firearms appear in movies as post TEOTWAWKI and SHTF situations appear magically to the commoner.

Did I mention that about 12yrs ago I got a ticket for mega-speeding down the highway they used for the first Mad Max? I AM THE NIGHT RIDER!!!!! LOL... it was worth the fine.

It's called the Geelong Highway that goes from the city of Geelong into the town of Bacchus Marsh. It also crosses the "Little River" (cracked me when I read the roadside sign) where the Australian band, Little River Band (you old farts remember them?) got their name from... LOL

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top