JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No disrespect but how come topics always change ok everyone not trying to be rude but I didnt ask opinions on how safe it is. I also said I would do it for free and also didnt ask opinions even if I was going to charge. I ask what all I could do and to those that answered that questioin thank you very much appreciate it

When a person posts something in an open forum they need to understand that other people will give their opinion, it's the nature of public forums.

As far as the legalities of working on (read modifying) firearms for other people. Anyone can do anything they want to any part of the firearm, EXCEPT the Receiver (the part required to be serialized.) You don't need the license if you are not receiving the receiver (ie someone brings or sends you just the slide, or just the barrel or just the stock.) Once you start working on the receiver (aka frame) you are required to have a 07 FFL (Manufacturer) for the location where you are actually performing the work. You can not get a license for your home and then take the receiver to your work and modify it legally.

If you own the firearm, you are free to do whatever you want to it. Just be safe. Before trying something on a functional, perfectly good firearm, try going to a gun show and finding a spoiled gun or just the part you are looking to modify and picking one up to practice on. Read up on the process you want to do. Look at examples of similar firearms with the mod you like. Do every thing you can to make sure when you finally get to modifying your own firearm that you do so in a safe manner that doesn't ruin the firearm or make it unsafe to shoot. We don't want you getting hurt.

Now as far as what all kinds of mods are there to do. I would think it's just about infinite. Your imagination is the limit. Barrels can be ported, grips can be customized, hammers and triggers can be customized, frames can be engraved, there's custom sights, barrel threading, all kinds of stuff. Barrels can be fluted for cooling, crowns can be cut different, barrels can be shortened, chambers can be changed. The sky's the limit. You just have to figure out what you have, what you'd like to do with it and then how to get it done.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top