JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Finally.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...eveals-the-number-of-registered-machine-guns/

Transferables: 175,977
Pre-May Dealer Samples: 17,020
Post-May Dealer Samples: 297,667

Wow. WAY more posties than I'd have thought.

But read the whole thing. It's very interesting.

But there is another key question seldom addressed:

How many registered machine gun OWNERS are there? MUCH fewer than there are guns. Most MG'ers I know have (sometimes a LOT) more than one. But it would be instructive to know an actual number. Oh well. Until ATF decides to divulge (kicking and screaming) that info I guess we'll just have to SWAG it.

Which brings up a point never, EVER aired by the MSM: Full-auto's have been registered since the National Firearms Act of 1934. 82 years. Since that time fewer than a DOZEN have EVER been used in a crime of violence by their registered owner.

ATF cannot be bothered to compile the exact number. Why? Because your government doesn't waste money on PRO-GUN stats, of course. Doesn't fit the narrative. Nothing to see here. Move along, citizen.

But do the math. 82 years. Almost half a million guns. Fewer than a dozen. (HINT: Its a leetle-bitty small percentage with several zeroes to the right of the decimal point.)

Last Edited:
That is a lot of posties. But only dealers can have them. I agree with you on the registered owners vs. registered guns. Once you have got your approval, why not buy more......the second time becomes faster and easier. They already have all your info.

The first may be different for lots of people, but once you realize how easy it really is, and after a trust is in place, you want more and more. For me, my first was a pistol can, but it wasn't my last.

I doubt I'll get into auto sears, but who knows...

"Which brings up a point never, EVER aired by the MSM: Full-auto's have been registered since the National Firearms Act of 1934. 82 years. Since that time fewer than a DOZEN have EVER been used in a crime of violence by their registered owner."

While I agree with you, unfortunately that one can cut both ways. I used that as a pro-gun argument once, and the guy I was talking too just smirked and told me that that's why all guns need to be registered and strictly controlled just like MGs...

That is a lot of posties. But only dealers can have them. I agree with you on the registered owners vs. registered guns. Once you have got your approval, why not buy more......the second time becomes faster and easier. They already have all your info.

The majority of those Post Sample Guns are likely in the hands of law enforcement. A lot of these LE guns are machineguns received under Federal Government programs. They'll often have fire selector blocks installed limiting them to semi auto, but are still registered machineguns.
Besides dealers, private contractors with current contracts from the Department of Energy may also posses Post Sample machineguns, and this probably accounts for a lot of guns too.
The numbers don't include machine guns owned by the Federal Government which aren't required to be registered.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top