JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone here ever tried to rig an "automatic opener" on the LAW sidefolder, a mechanism that as soon as it's unpacked and you release whatever you have set to keep it folded that'll automatically snap it into firing position?

For example, on my pistol build right now I'm thinking--and I should note I'm left handed--run a hunk of elastic from the front "slanted" sling slot on the Shockwave Blade through the right QD mount on my receiver endplate, then forward under the ejection port to anchor on a QD mount on the right side-rail. Problem then would be a secure but quick-release mechanism to keep it folded--a Velcro strap would be too slow and too loud but maybe another elastic strap secured with a couple small velcro pieces might work.

Another MacGyver question: Around here it's almost always wet, which means muzzle caps have more potential use, and doubly so for a build like mine that's going to be living in the bottom of a get-home bag where its closest neighbors are going to be the debris, detritus and general CRUD that collects in the bottom of such bags. The caps I've been looking at are designed to be reusable, popped-off by the high-pressure air trapped between it and the bullet, so this is a simpler question. Anybody have any suggestions for some kind of tether material that will resist the heat of a muzzle blast?

Has anyone here ever tried to rig an "automatic opener" on the LAW sidefolder, a mechanism that as soon as it's unpacked and you release whatever you have set to keep it folded that'll automatically snap it into firing position?

For example, on my pistol build right now I'm thinking--and I should note I'm left handed--run a hunk of elastic from the front "slanted" sling slot on the Shockwave Blade through the right QD mount on my receiver endplate, then forward under the ejection port to anchor on a QD mount on the right side-rail. Problem then would be a secure but quick-release mechanism to keep it folded--a Velcro strap would be too slow and too loud but maybe another elastic strap secured with a couple small velcro pieces might work.

Another MacGyver question: Around here it's almost always wet, which means muzzle caps have more potential use, and doubly so for a build like mine that's going to be living in the bottom of a get-home bag where its closest neighbors are going to be the debris, detritus and general CRUD that collects in the bottom of such bags. The caps I've been looking at are designed to be reusable, popped-off by the high-pressure air trapped between it and the bullet, so this is a simpler question. Anybody have any suggestions for some kind of tether material that will resist the heat of a muzzle blast?

These gas spring cylinders immediately come to mind.
Gas Springs
Taylor Made, Standard Gas Shock, Spring with Blade End Fittings

I use biodegradable water balloons on my muzzle.

Do you have a picture you can post up?

~Whitney

Whitney, I don't even have the LAW folder yet--my thinking was use the sling-mount as a fulcrum because just running a spring straight from it to the Shockwave might not have enough force to open.

One of the guys on M4C suggested that if I set up a sling right, that should automatically pull the tube into iring position as I prepare to fire.

Hmmm... a pushing spring-strut might work too... I was thinking something fabric so it couldn't be taken as "turning it into a shoulderable stock" since you know how the BATF*ckers loive to trap people.

With the right motion you can swing it closed with only one hand and that hand being on the pistol grip of your firearm. Takes me zero time and faster then any spring or strut, and then of course not having a spring or strut to deal with once your in your firing position. You have a advantage of being a lefty on this matter since it will swing away from you , making the motion easier to do.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top