JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome :) .

Sure.

Depending on its configuration you will need to add either 5 or 6 US-made parts to make it 922r compliant. If your rifle already has a threaded barrel, then you will need to change out 6 parts. If not, you only need 5. Most people change the trigger group (3 parts), the stock set (2 parts) and pistol grip (1 part). However, you can put any combination of US made forestock, buttstock, pistol grip, trigger group, piston, muzzle device or even magazines as long as you are left with only '10 foreign parts'. It can be as easy as changing out the trigger group (3 parts) and using only US made magazines (3 parts), although most folks choose not to have their rifles compliant with just magazines.

Here is a pictorial that shows you where these numbers come from. http://922r.com/

There are other websites out there that discuss the same thing. Just look up '922r compliance'. It looks a bit difficult to grasp at first, but it isn't too bad if you study it for an hour or so.

Best to you.

Keith

I have a Maadi that had the butthole stock and replaced it with a K-VAR polymer stock. They make them in three different lengths - Warsaw, Intermediate, and NATO. Warsaw is the original shorter length for their squared shooting stance and the NATO is the longer length for the different stance taught. They also have them in various colors and also carry different folding types - wire, under, side. You can also get other items there to make them 922r compliant. As always, there are other sites to find parts but their website is K-Var Corp. ™

Here's a good source to find what parts are 922r required and gives you the option to find what's best for you and your build http://gunwiki.net/Gunwiki/BuildAkVerifyCompliance

Just be aware that if you want a folding stock of any kind it will require a lot more work than just a direct swap out.

Last Edited:
If you want to make it into an underfolder, you are going to need a different rear trunnion and you are going to have to demill the rear end and re-rivet the new trunnion in. Your best bet is to just swap out the stock.

You can get rid of the thumbhole as well...PM Ding if he's on here, he can do the work.

I think I've found what I would like to do:
Timbersmith brown laminated stock set (3 parts)
Tapco fire control group (3 parts)
Unfortunately I don't have a threaded barrel I'd like to add a slash muzzle brake. What do ya think? again thanks for the help.

I think I've found what I would like to do:
Timbersmith brown laminated stock set (3 parts)
Tapco fire control group (3 parts)
Unfortunately I don't have a threaded barrel I'd like to add a slash muzzle brake. What do ya think? again thanks for the help.

Even though there are three parts to a stock set, it only counts as two parts, those being the buttstock (1 part) and the forestock (each is 1/2 a part, I guess?). Your parts count is 5, but that is all you need with this rifle.

Edit: Doh! I've got 'Chinese' on the brain. In case you saw it, disregard my comment about the muzzle brake.

Keith

I think train was thinking of the butthole stock since it's a combined grip and butt stock. The one you're looking at should count as three.

Thanks for covering for me, but no, I made a mistake. I didn't realize that the stock set you were looking at included the PG. Yes, the set with PG counts as three parts. (Sorry for the confusion. I usually buy my parts separately.)

Keith

Your flash hider can be pressed on with a 12 or 20 ton press. File/grind the threads of the FH of about 1/2 up inside. Align it at the 12:00 position with the front sight after you apply some black loc-tite and press down. You'll receive resistance and the a very loud "pop" when the FH sets on the muzzle. It doesn't come off.

SF-

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads