JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you are traveling or moving to California for any reason they have some pretty crazy laws. One of the most recent ones is no more bullet/mag release button. They physically make you buy a kit to cover the button so you can't remove the mag. They want you to take down the AR and remove the mag internally. The best way around this is this fancy loader I have found on line. It is the Mean Arms (MA) Loader AR-15. Check out the link below for the video of how it works.

DESCRIPTION
This is what the website says. It has no mention of any specific mag. From the looks of it the mag they are using in the video looks to have a standard mag entry port. I will do some more research and confirm.

Pre-order - Shipping in April

Our new MA-Loader is a California compliant, 10-round bullet loading device that will allow you to safely and efficiently reload your fixed magazine without the need to break down the firearm. Simply place the MA-Loader into your AR-15's ejector port and press the thumb-ring slider to quickly load or reload. It is that simple!**

The MA-Loader is also available in several different kits with our Feed Ramps and/or MA-Lock.

The best part is, using an MA-Loader with a fixed magazine (we also offer our MA-Lock to turn your existing bullet button into a fixed mag rifle) eliminates the requirement of registering your rifle with the State of California. If moving out of the state of California is not in your plans, lawful gun owners can still enjoy the use of their AR-15s with minimal disruptions while fully complying with the new laws.

An unintended consequence of the new intrusive California laws is safety. Now with absolutely no ability to load an unloaded AR-15 for home defense within a reasonable amount of time, gun owners will inevitably choose to keep them loaded at all times. This could potentially put the people we are committed to defend at risk. The use of a MA-Loader prevents this problem and is the safest solution for all AR-15 owners anywhere. Once installed, it renders the weapon totally inoperable. Simply keep your AR-15 unloaded with an MA-Loader close by. One push and you are loaded & ready.

Multiple states continue to trample on the rights of law abiding citizens. Use a MEAN Engineered MA-Loader to best use your weapons as intended.

Better, Safer, Faster

SPECS
  • Model: AR-15
  • Fits: MIL-SPEC Receivers
  • Caliber: 223/5.56 NATO
  • Capacity: 10 Round
  • Finish: Black
  • Material: Polymer

Here is another video that explains the different kits they offer and another tutorial. Once again It does not say if you will need a Mean Arms specific mag. I'm still looking for this info but leaning more and more to no there is no specific mag needed. I will post more when I confirm.

DESCRIPTION
This is what the website says. It has no mention of any specific mag. From the looks of it the mag they are using in the video looks to have a standard mag entry port. I will do some more research and confirm.

Pre-order - Shipping in April

Our new MA-Loader is a California compliant, 10-round bullet loading device that will allow you to safely and efficiently reload your fixed magazine without the need to break down the firearm. Simply place the MA-Loader into your AR-15's ejector port and press the thumb-ring slider to quickly load or reload. It is that simple!**

The MA-Loader is also available in several different kits with our Feed Ramps and/or MA-Lock.

The best part is, using an MA-Loader with a fixed magazine (we also offer our MA-Lock to turn your existing bullet button into a fixed mag rifle) eliminates the requirement of registering your rifle with the State of California. If moving out of the state of California is not in your plans, lawful gun owners can still enjoy the use of their AR-15s with minimal disruptions while fully complying with the new laws.

An unintended consequence of the new intrusive California laws is safety. Now with absolutely no ability to load an unloaded AR-15 for home defense within a reasonable amount of time, gun owners will inevitably choose to keep them loaded at all times. This could potentially put the people we are committed to defend at risk. The use of a MA-Loader prevents this problem and is the safest solution for all AR-15 owners anywhere. Once installed, it renders the weapon totally inoperable. Simply keep your AR-15 unloaded with an MA-Loader close by. One push and you are loaded & ready.

Multiple states continue to trample on the rights of law abiding citizens. Use a MEAN Engineered MA-Loader to best use your weapons as intended.

Better, Safer, Faster

SPECS
  • Model: AR-15
  • Fits: MIL-SPEC Receivers
  • Caliber: 223/5.56 NATO
  • Capacity: 10 Round
  • Finish: Black
  • Material: Polymer
According to my local shop (who is preordering them), a separate conversion kit is required.

According to my local shop (who is preordering them), a separate conversion kit is required.

After watching a couple of videos about it you can use just the MA Loader and don't need the ramps. The ramps just makes it easier to insert it. They are curved and just make the port larger for an easier insert. None the less I thought it was a cool idea.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top