JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My son and Daughter argue over who is the bigger bad bubblegum based on training with either a M-19 Semi Auto grenade launcher or a Quad 50 mount on a Cruiser They were both in the US NAVY he on Cruisers and Destroyers she as a Corpsman in The middle East and Med. She trained with the M-19 he trained with the Quad 50 as part of the ships security and an ET.

My son and Daughter argue over who is the bigger bad bubblegum based on training with either a M-19 Semi Auto grenade launcher or a Quad 50 mount on a Cruiser They were both in the US NAVY he on Cruisers and Destroyers she as a Corpsman in The middle East and Med. She trained with the M-19 he trained with the Quad 50 as part of the ships security and an ET.
That brings a tear to my eye! Your kids are A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!:)

Cigars to improve your visualization My daughter at the time was a 4'11.5" tall little blond maybe making 118 on the scales. She humped her full battle pack weapon and med bag on those 6 mile hikes in training. Just like the big Marines did. She's tougher then I am I'll tell you that.

My son serviced Radar on his first ship including being in the top of the mast in 20' seas. He was from Korea to Australia Boston to Florida in the Med and back and forth across the Atlantic.

She did 8 years he did 10

She is now a pediatric triage nurse for a big clinic in Portland He is a service tech for Rogers Machine (they do compressors etc.)

Please give them both a "Thanks for Your Service!" from me and mine. I've never seen an M-19 but I'm pretty sure it is an Awesome piece of Fire Power. I know the Quad 50 truly is.

e bullet.
Cigars to improve your visualization My daughter at the time was a 4'11.5" tall little blond maybe making 118 on the scales. She humped her full battle pack weapon and med bag on those 6 mile hikes in training. Just like the big Marines did. She's tougher then I am I'll tell you that.

My son serviced Radar on his first ship including being in
the top of the mast in 20' seas. He was from Korea to
Australia Boston to Florida in the Med and back and forth across the Atlantic.

She did 8 years he did 10

She is now a pediatric triage nurse for a big clinic in
Portland He is a service tech for Rogers Machine (they do compressors etc.)
You definitely raised them right! You have every right to be proud of those two for their sacrifices and contributions made towards our country. Amazing kids indeed but they wouldn't be there if not for their amazing parents.
My oldest daughter is plotting her career path. Air Force Academy, serve obligation and then go FBI. I can't wait for that ball to start rolling.

If I ever win the Powerball Mega Jackpot lottery prize, (which I kinda doubt) I would love to transplant an entire working mint condition quad 50 turret including the turret, barrette, feed chutes, ammo tubs and fire control system from either a Boeing B29 or B50 bomber and put it on/into the roof, floor and frame of a nice Class A Diesel Motorhome. Preferable a Crown Supercoach ex schoolie. Full ammo load out. Talk about fun. :)

If I ever win the Powerball Mega Jackpot lottery prize, (which I kinda doubt) I would love to transplant an entire working mint condition quad 50 turret including the turret, barrette, feed chutes, ammo tubs and fire control system from either a Boeing B29 or B50 bomber and put it on/into the roof, floor and frame of a nice Class A Diesel Motorhome. Preferable a Crown Supercoach ex schoolie. Full ammo load out. Talk about fun. :)
I would happily do the maintenance for you. I believe that I still have a head space and timing gauge kicking around somewhere. :rolleyes:

I would happily do the maintenance for you. I believe that I still have a head space and timing gauge kicking around somewhere. :rolleyes:
I finally let mine go to a good home a few years ago. I sometimes wonder how much it cost to replace all the ones that ended up "Going Home" with maintenance folks like me.:)

That and all the FM and TM that also had been updated but really hadn't changed a bit. I'm pretty sure the TM and FM on the 50 haven't changed much since I was in the Service.:)

Tighten the barrel down all the way and back it off 3 clicks, iirc. Seen them lubed with everything from motor oil to wheel bearing grease. My favorite bmg is still the 1919A4 though.

Last Edited:
Tighten the barrel down all the way and back it off 3 clicks, iirc. Seen them lubed with everything from motor oil to wheel bearing grease. My favorite bmg is still the 1919A4 though.
I have to admit, not a bad piece of hardware but there have been a number of improvements in the last few years. Some good, some not so good.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top