JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This was more work than it looks like it should be. The silencer that is. I had an existing modular 30 cal silencer that is actually one of my better performing cans. Set up like a SIG or Q can with half cut baffles. Anyway I had to make a ASR thread spec adapter and cut two of the baffles to act as mid supports on the end of the flash suppressor. Luckily I had a couple of extra baffles and when I form 1'd the can I put it on paper out to 14" so I had a little room to work with. Turned out pretty good. Should soak up the 30-06 stuff well. I had to do all this because the front sight and flash suppressor are one piece with 23mm left hand metric acme threads at the base. Weird.

F0rZeQ.jpg

Last Edited:
The originals were 8mm Mauser but they weren't really 8mm Mauser, Theyre were set up for PPU Serbian 8mm which is WAY shorter than German 8m. German 8mm will not fit in the mags. I set it up for 3.200" loaded 30.06. Machined the chambers with slightly short throats to accommodate.

I do this sh!t in my spare time benotches.

The originals were 8mm Mauser but they weren't really 8mm Mauser, Theyre were set up for PPU Serbian 8mm which is WAY shorter than German 8m. German 8mm will not fit in the mags. I set it up for 3.200" loaded 30.06. Machined the chambers with slightly short throats to accommodate.

I do this sh!t in my spare time benotches.
Represent !!!

So I didn't have any 30.06 ammo because I haven't owned a 30.06 in in 30+ years. . Ordered up some Lee dies which, like most lee products, ended up being crap. Bullets falling through the sized neck. Back to amazon they went. I had 80 Hornady whitetail loads I had to resize for the mags. One of these days days I'll be able to shoot the thing.

So when do you retire from your primary job and start offering 07 services to us knuckledraggers?
Oh man, loaded question. I'd have my 02/07 right now but the wife had to have this house in an HOA neighborhood. The HOA refuses to give me a business license. They dont give lecenses but they have to approve it for the county to move forward with the app. I may have an out though. Theres a guy running an environmental engineering company out of his house a block over . No signage but I know he isbecause it comes up on google maps and theres someone else running another business out of their home a few blocks over. I know a guy who ran into a similar situation where his HOA refused to give him a business license and he was able to show them that and they granted him an 02/07 anyway even though he couldn't get a license because the HOA wasn't following due process. Thats going to be a project of mine coming up soon.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top