Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTB OR M6 Scout

Discussion in 'Rifles Wanted' started by Architect, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Architect

Architect Portland, OR Member

I'm really interested in getting my hands on an M6 Scout. CZ version is fine. Prefer .22lr/.410 and it would be great to have the original blue case. Finish doesn't matter as long as the bores are good and it's functional.

Let me know if you have one with which you'd be willing to part.

2. Kreg

Kreg Wilsonville OR Member

I know where one is still in the case.looks new. How much are they going for? How much do you want to spend for one?

3. Architect

Sending a PM.

4. madmax

madmax woodburn Active Member

Did you ever find one?

5. Kreg

They have one at the pawn shop in woodburn. Just saw it there today

6. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

7. Architect

Yep! I posted about this a few days back asking for opinions. Still think I'm leaning towards the M6, but the 20ga of this has a bit more versatility than the 410 on the original M6.

8. Architect

The only one I've seen is in Woodburn. He's asking far too much but I'm going to try and make a deal on it in the next few weeks if it's still around.

9. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

I own an M6 (.410/22 rimfire) and a Savage 24C in .223/20 - I believe the 20 ga is a LOT more versatile than the .410, and the barrel is not that much heavier. You can always get a .410 adapter for the 20 ga too - indeed, you can get more adapters for the 20 ga than you can for .410

My only complaint about the Savage 24 is the weight. The Chiappa M6 would make that less of an issue. I wish they would make it in .22 Hornet or .223 also - maybe they will in the future. Ditto with their X-Caliber combo gun.

10. Kreg

If I remember right the one at the woodburn pawn shop is 22 hornet. Call them to make sure. I know they would take quite a bit less than what they are asking too

11. madmax

Woodburn wants $995?!?!? It does seem to be LNIB buts its not stainless steel. Gunbroker.com regularly had then hundreds cheaper for stainless

I have a savage 24S-E in 22lr/20g really nice but very heavy!

12. Kreg

Yea like I said they would probably take a lot less. Can't hurt to shoot them an offer. Call em up and ask for Jamie.

13. madmax

$700 cash in hand was a no! They think its worth a Grand

14. Kreg

Wow ok. I figured that would be about enough to get it. Good luck with your search

15. madmax

I live just down the street, I stop in all the time. In 7 years I've never been able to make a deal on anything. They flat want msrp for a used item. It's beyond me. I've seen things sit for years.

All that glitter on 99e in portland is a different story. I've found a number of really good deals there

16. nextgenar

nextgenar roseburg Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Associated buyers in Roseburg has a blued 22lr 410 american made for $499 if you are interested