JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New to building AR-10 style rifles and picked up an Aero M5 receiver. I'm left handed and just figured out that a Stag Arms left hand eject upper is t going to mate with the Aero. Any suggestions on other lefty uppers out there? Seems like Stag corners the market…

Thanks in advance.
Chris

Gibbz has a left hand eject with a right hand non-reciprocating side charger. It is DPMS low profile and requires their proprietary cam pin . You will obviously need a left hand BCG, which are available elsewhere, and change out the cam pin.

I believe Bear Creek Arms uppers will work with the Aero lower. They offer lefty uppers in both rear charging and side charging if memory serves.
No experience with there stuff yet just ordered a upper from them. Reviews are mixed but thought I would chance it for the price.

As a left-handed shooter with a fair amount of training under my belt my advice is to forget that left-handed upper nonsense and stick with a standard upper. Left handers do have some advantages using what are considered traditional "right-handed" guns. The AK is more obvious here, but ARs do too, a major one is the ability to see the chamber to help determine weapon status without needing to roll the rifle over to see it. One can determine if the bolt is locked to the rear on an empty mag or is experiencing a malfunction and is time for an immediate action drill. I also try to eliminate any proprietary parts for ease of repair and replacement.

I'm left handed and have a DPMS pattern rifle from GA Precision. I agree with the above post. Although my rifle is full ambi for controls (right side ejection), the only ambi feature I use is the bolt lock when shooting from a bench. Shooting right handed AR pattern rifles left handed is no problem.

As a left-handed shooter with a fair amount of training under my belt my advice is to forget that left-handed upper nonsense and stick with a standard upper. Left handers do have some advantages using what are considered traditional "right-handed" guns. The AK is more obvious here, but ARs do too, a major one is the ability to see the chamber to help determine weapon status without needing to roll the rifle over to see it. One can determine if the bolt is locked to the rear on an empty mag or is experiencing a malfunction and is time for an immediate action drill. I also try to eliminate any proprietary parts for ease of repair and replacement.
I appreciate the advice but left eject is a very strong preference for me. I tolerate right eject in handguns only because I cannot spend the money required for a full custom. As I can afford it for AR builds I choose to do the customization.

Built three AR's using BCA uppers, all RH side-chargers on AP M4E1 lowers. Each has worked flawlessly, including a 7.62x39 build and a .223 Wylde 10.5" build.
While I've never built on a M5 lower, the BCA stuff has worked well for me.

I'm right handed but left eye dominant. I shoot all right handed AR and bolt guns while shooting left handed.

I wouldn't be too concerned about a LH upper. Even shooting a suppressed 11.5 isn't bad.