Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

M4 style rifle, $850-$800

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by Strykervet, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Strykervet

Strykervet Pierce Co. Member

For sale one M4 style rifle, built by myself. I once built and modded these in the army for SDM work, so it was built right and done per the manual. Rifle was built in current configuration about 2007. The receivers and the rail are Olympic Arms, the barrel I'm not sure of pedigree. It is 16" blackened stainless, 5.56, 1/8 twist with a standard M4 profile. Collapsible buttstock is the older mil spec stuff. Carry handle and sight are mil surplus. Internals are mil spec parts, not sure of manufacture. The trigger is a very finely worked and polished DMPS trigger set. Nice clean break, about 4-4.5lbs., reliable stock parts. The FF tube has KAC rail covers that have been drilled and tapped for set screws. This allows these fine rail covers to be used. With the four on it, it just feels like a nice handguard, no rails, but you get the FF accuracy. Nice rifle. Shoots well with 55gr., 62gr., and 75gr. bullets. Has had 500 rounds max. fired. A solid 2MOA, probably less with good ammo. A fine service rifle. I built a new M4 for suppresser use and just don't need this one anymore. No magazine, the magazine pictured does not come with it. PM email for pictures. $850 firm, will sell for $800 with basic unworked trigger. First "I take it" gets it.

Will consider a straight up trade for a nice Smith and Wesson 10mm pistol with whatever you have to go with it. Looking for a DA/SA model.

000_1303.jpg

000_1305.jpg

2. Bizgotdabuzz05

Bizgotdabuzz05 Olympia New Member

Any jams or fte while shooting?

3. Strykervet

Strykervet Pierce Co. Member

No, it works fine. I usually use LC M855, although I've run some M193. I use military 3rd. gen mags and have no problems. It is a nice rifle, but I built another that is a little shorter and a copy of what I had in the military --the SOPMOD kit with a suppressor. I had another rifle I used in the army that was identical to this one and I can say it was pretty tough, reliable, and accurate. I wore that one out though, and this was the one that replaced it. Believe it or not, that Oly rail isn't bad at all.

I currently keep it handy for home defense (my shoulder acts up out of the blue and I can't always handle a shotgun when it does). The new rifle hasn't been tested yet, and I won't use anything that might not be 100% reliable, if that tells you anything.

Also, I have a Phantom flash suppressor. I'm willing to swap that out with the mil spec one this one has if the buyer wants. No charge. Those cost more, but I won't be needing either after going to AAC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.