JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wondering if any of you have tried one of these? I like the idea of being able to run inexpensive pmags in my SLR106, but I think I would have to pass if it required "fitting" in the magwell where I had to file down/remove metal from the receiver.

Anyone have experience with these? Thoughts?

<broken link removed>

Never heard of them, but I really like their " <broken link removed> " set. It appears to allow full bolt hold-open while still maintaining original AK internals. Makes me rethink my aversion to 5.56mm AK's.

I wasn't able to find anything that mentioned fitting or anything like that. In fact, the info on the website is woefully minimal at all. Do you know that it requires fitting?

There is a company that offers AK's w/M-4 mag adapter, can't recall the name but it is an established company.

In the near future you'll be able to 3D Print the receiver you need

Check out Saiga 12 forum. They have quite a bit of info on this.

MSA either changed their name or was bought out.

A ton of bad things were said as well as a significant amount of "fitting" was rumored to be required. Also one company making a similar adapter scammed folks and word spread fast.. Delay after delays and undelivered promises.

That being said.
Since its not a perminant adapter like Difinitive Arms it's less expensive and if you had to you can fit it to your rifle.

If you're fitting it to a rifle with a bullet guide already installed then I'd say go for it.
Otherwise saigas are a bit of work.

Seeings how they've updated the compatible platforms I'll buy one here soon for my Pap M85 and let you know next month.
Ordering, processing, shipping, fitting and function.

It's worth having if it works.
AK forum and Saiga 12 forum are your best bet. (Yes, I'm an AK guy:))

I wasn't able to find anything that mentioned fitting or anything like that. In fact, the info on the website is woefully minimal at all. Do you know that it requires fitting?

I don't know for a fact that it requires fitting, but I found a review on them where the guy was saying his required fitting. I'm not sure if thats across the board with all rifles or not. He was using it on a Saiga.

I tried to make a Texas AK designs adapter work in my Saiga....in the end, it would have required more material removed from the trunnion than I was comfortable doing. Ended up going with Galil mags and a guide....

You can run polish mags in the 106, they have been under $30 when they show up, or choke up and buy the Arsenal....

Really though, when the adapters are $100ish + install costs ( or your time ) and the potential to F-up your $1K gun....just save up and buy the correct mags.

Found a solution to my dilemma. :D Thanks for the input guys. image.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads