JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently built an AR from quality components and have noticed that if I cycle and eject an unfired round that the bullet shows scratches that appear to be caused by the feed ramps.
Is this something that smoothes out in time,should I polish it myself?
This cannot be good for accuracy.
Anyone else experience this?
Thanks.

I had a similar issue and remedied it by tightly rolling some 600 grit sand paper then lightly sliding it up the ramp in the direction of travel of the round for about 15-20 passes per ramp. After that I took a wool polishing wheel on my dremel and at the lowest speed buffed out the sanding marks with Fitz metal polish. I now no longer get any kind of marring on the jacket of a round after ejecting it.

are you using a receiver with feed ramps and a barrel that does not have extended feedramp?

if yours is like the bad one pictured thats why its happening

The scratches you see are more likely occurring during extraction than feeding. During extraction, the round is under ejector tension and the bullet contacts the back side of the barrel extention.

LMAO airborne all the way.
Your scratches may come from the magazine lip. Check the mag and then check the feed ramps.Is there any copper or brass on them.You can color the feed ramps and charge a few rounds to see if any of the color is removed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top