JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So this is my next itch I need to scratch. I've got most of the tools to assemble one from previous builds.

There are a couple of things unique to the M4. One is the use of a "F" marked front sight base. The other I can think of is a Delta ring.

I will likely be building mine around a Centurion C4 handguard because I like the idea of free floating. This takes it away from the clone concept slightly but it gives me the functionality I want. It requires the removal of the Delta ring and the plate that sits behind the FSB to hold the handguard in place.

If I start from a barrel, I can skip installing the Delta and the plate. I have never installed a FSB gas block and have noticed that it's somewhat different from a low profile. Many of the sites that sell them say that a pro gunsmith is recommended. I suppose that is ok because I'll need someone to pin/weld my flash hider on the 14.5" barrel anyway but ...

...would it be easier to just buy the assembled upper from say BCM and remove the Delta and handguard plate? Or should I build from the ground up?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top