JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Real or Fake?

• Total voters
Reactions
Can anyone tell me about this? Found it in the garage & supposedly my grandpa bought it from a swap meet or something like that. It smells really old and nasty. Is it real & can someone tell me about them, Thanks!

20210209_182740.jpg 20210209_182749.jpg 20210209_182710.jpg 20210209_182725.jpg

@Seavillian

From the 3rd picture I believe the sheath actually says
"USM8" in the big letters
and
"xxM CO." beneath it.

Are there any markings on the hilt or on the pommel?

It depends! Look under the cross guard of the knife and see if there are any markings! In 1943 they had the company name and date on the blade. In 1944, they removed the date from the blade but still had the company. In 1945, all markings on the blade were removed but they marked under the cross guard. 9 companies made the M3. Boker is the rarest ones. If it has no markings on the blade or the cross guard then it is probably an Ontario Knife Company replica! And like @Andy54Hawken said... look for the double pin in the pommel! Excellent knife! :D

BTW, I just saw the sheath and saw that it says M8. So if it has the markings on the cross guard, 2 pins, and the sheath shows M8 and it was not separated from the original knife... it is from 1945. M6 was the sheath from 43 and 44. Also in 45 they used the OD green/ fiberglass looking sheaths.

Real M3 Trench Knives will have the Ordinance Bomb on the pommel. Either makers name and date on the blade or the guards. My two authentic Utica Cutlery from 1943 marked on the guard with bomb stamp.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top